Sponsored by:

Summit Point Club race

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 10:44 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guns in the paddock??

what was with the "as a reminder, there are no guns allowed in the paddock" comment at the driver's meeting???
Old 09-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
what was with the "as a reminder, there are no guns allowed in the paddock" comment at the driver's meeting???
I think that was stated because the ambulance driver's are all heavily armed to dispatch critters and they don't want the OK Corral out there!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 524 Likes on 280 Posts

Had a great time - excellent and very well run race. Thanks to all the sponsors, and a huge thanks to the Dawe's team for keeping me out there running!
First time racing in Vintage group, and first time racing Summit. Lotta fun.

However... On Sunday, What was up with being told ON GRID at the 3 minute mark "This is going to be a 30 lap race - not 20 laps"... like was told to us in the drivers meeting?" then asked "do you have enough gas?" Um...well at this point, do I have a choice?
In the end, the answer ended up being "why no, I do not have enough gas" and ran out with a few laps to go. I was running 3rd overall at the time. And the top 2 guys also ran out of gas...Don was in first and ran out on the last lap at T10 with the checker ready to be displayed.

Oh well... still had fun!!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 09-25-2017, 03:00 PM
hunterpeaks
Instructor

Great event. Best of all the PCA events I have been to so far this year. Outstanding organization from registration to food each night to keeping us on time throughout the day. And tons of freebies! Great job with all the give-aways. Looking forward to next year! Had a blast racing in G with our biggest field of the year at any race and that made it really fun. Close racing at it's finest! Great driving by all the G drivers. Thanks guys!

AND HOORAY for the new "Yellow Flag Video Review" Rule Change. As many of you know, I have been lobbying hard for this change this year with many of you signing on to support this. It worked excellently and was used successfully by a few this weekend.

BEFORE: If you didn't pass under yellow, but a corner worker thinks you have, you get black flagged and your race is effectively lost. NOW, you are NOT black flagged, but when you come in at the end of the race, you goto the black flag station and you are informed that you have been seen by a corner worker passing under yellow. You have 45minutes to submit your video proof that you didn't pass under yellow. IF you don't submit proof, then you are assessed a 45 second penalty (about same time as a stop and go). This makes sure your race is not ruined by a bad call from a corner worker and also further incentivizes your use of video cameras.

Hunter
Old 09-25-2017, 03:20 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 165 Posts
Default The Boxsters were really flying this weekend.

Andy has given me the OK to post the Pics that my brother took of his "event" as long as I credit ToM DiCesare and Brandywine Motorwerks for getting the car fixed to race in sprint 2 and the enduro.

Really calls out for a caption contest.
Attached Images  

Last edited by sbelles; 09-25-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:33 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Default And the Russian Judge gives the landing a 9.7

Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2017, 03:57 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
as long as I credit ToM DiCesare and Brandywine Motorwerks for getting the car fixed to yesterday.
He actually ran it in Sprint 2 on Saturday!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:59 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

What was up with the Boxster coming out of the pits as the field is coming down the front straight for the green flag in the orange enduro?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:59 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

That’s a new line. Doesn’t look to help your lap time though!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:07 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dougdep
Someone tried to come into the paddock John Wayne style...They were politely asked to disarm....
Old 09-25-2017, 04:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by mmuller
That’s a new line. Doesn’t look to help your lap time though!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by hunterpeaks
AND HOORAY for the new "Yellow Flag Video Review" Rule Change. As many of you know, I have been lobbying hard for this change this year with many of you signing on to support this. It worked excellently and was used successfully by a few this weekend.

BEFORE: If you didn't pass under yellow, but a corner worker thinks you have, you get black flagged and your race is effectively lost. NOW, you are NOT black flagged, but when you come in at the end of the race, you goto the black flag station and you are informed that you have been seen by a corner worker passing under yellow. You have 45minutes to submit your video proof that you didn't pass under yellow. IF you don't submit proof, then you are assessed a 45 second penalty (about same time as a stop and go). This makes sure your race is not ruined by a bad call from a corner worker and also further incentivizes your use of video cameras.

Hunter
I LIKE this!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:14 PM
cmac
Instructor

Awesome event! Such a great time catching up with people and making new friends...

Heat was brutal--but camping at the track was a giant party and totally worth the trip by itself.

Also, kudos to Potomac Region volunteers for doing a great job with the race--everything was totally first class! Can't wait until next year!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:24 PM
britmac
1st Gear

Default That's me.....AKA Andy The Eagle

Flying The Flag !
2017 Summit Point PCA Race - How to win the Workers Choice Award. Didn't quite have the weekend I wanted but it was memorable. In Sprint 1 I went off at Turn 8 and was ready for a heavy contact with the tire wall. I was not ready for the airborne portion ! After gaining about 10ft I landed on top of the tire wall. Weekend over ? No!! Summit EV team extricated my car in under 10 minutes and returned it to the Brandywine MotorWerks Paddock. Tom DiCesare (owner) and his team worked hard and diligently to rebuild #68 and had me gridded for Sprint 2 in the afternoon. I started at the back but made up some spots which earned me the Workers Choice Award. I also ran and finished the Enduro on Sunday.

Can't thank Tom and everybody who helped enough !! This was one of those moments but happy to have got back behind the wheel so soon. Thanks also to Tom Belles ( Scott Belles brother) who caught these amazing pics and even rebuilt my front bumper!

Last edited by britmac; 09-25-2017 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Add picture.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:25 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by linzman
What was up with the Boxster coming out of the pits as the field is coming down the front straight for the green flag in the orange enduro?
There were a couple still getting out. Lapping cars just after the green was new for me too.

Quick Reply: Summit Point Club race