Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You NER and NNJR--LCMT

Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts
Default Thank You NER and NNJR--LCMT

Just wanted to drop a note to all the folks who put together the last 3 day DE at LCMT. You guys did a wonderful job and a great time was had by all that I spoke to and hung out with. For those on their way to Calabogie today, I can honestly say I am jealous of you. Have a blast and be safe.

It was great to make some new friends (NER) and hang out with some old ones (NNJR) as well. The two regions really gelled nicely together. Really great people, all of you.

Event was well run, organized, friendly, and the coaching was stellar. The track itself was amazing and had some nice pucker factor to it. This was my first time at LCMT. It will not be my last.

The weather cooperated and the Blues Festival was the icing on the cake. Music and vibe was great. Really fun festival, and the scenery, WOW!!

I took my last laps around 4:30pm yesterday and then drove 7.5 hours back home to NJ. Was an ear to ear grin on my face the whole way south (and relatively light traffic on the way home-just coming out of the mountains was a bit slow, but then it opened up nicely after that). Even the guy at the border commented how happy people seemed who had just come from the event. "You were one of the lucky ones at Tremblant this weekend, weren't you?" were his exact words as he handed me back my passport.

Thanks again to John, Stan, Tom, Ed, and Adam (sorry if I left a few out here- I know I did) for putting on such a wonderful event. You should all be happy with the way things went.

And a BIG BIG BIG thank you to my instructor who really took the time to work with me on the "little things". I learned a ton more about myself and my car, but mostly about what I am capable of when being pushed and shown the right way to throttle steer and trail brake AND EVERYTHING ELSE in between. I am a better driver because of you. I loved how much pride you took in teaching and how dedicated you are to helping others reach their potential. I would love to mention your name here, but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. I cannot even begin to thank you for what you showed me and taught me these past 3 days. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hope to do this DE again next season. Great people. Great cars. Great music. Great food. Great booze. Great everything. Mostly, great people. That was the key.

Thanks again to all involved. I've done about 25 DE's in the last 3-4 years, and this one will remain at the very top of my list for a long long time.

Thanks again. You guys rock!! Next year's LCMT can't come soon enough.

For those going, be safe at Calabogie and safe travels back home. Thanks again to all involved.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:53 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

What a nice and timely - as well as accurate - thank you for a great event.
Sold out this year. Interested drivers should Sign up promptly next year to be sure you can join us.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:17 AM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Agreed - it was a fantastic event. The only major issue was that horrible traffic around Montreal. That needs to be fixed for next time around.

Being an exemplary student, I carefully read the turn by turn how to drive LCMT by Bob Rouleau posted on the PCA website, except only after the event, and I saw this paragraph that starts:
"Namerow is a throw-away “U” turn..."

Old 07-18-2017, 09:06 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

SWEET!

Data indicates that the Namerow complex through to start/finish is an important ingredient to a good lap time...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Last edited by ProCoach; 07-18-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

What a great event! We had tons of good track time, no real rain, and great drivers. It was a total win - well, except for the broken trailing arm we had at the end of the 3rd day.

Great job by the whole NER/NNJR team.

As for a throw away corner - I don't believe in them. All corners are important.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 747 Posts

All corners are important. Yep
Old 07-19-2017, 09:31 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Driving back from Montebello Thursday saw lots of 911 metal heading north. Cool that Jazz Fest was same weekend. Jealous.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:32 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Driving back from Montebello Thursday saw lots of 911 metal heading north. Cool that Jazz Fest was same weekend. Jealous.
Blues Festival at Tremblant while we were there.
Ok to still be jealous!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:45 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

I was at Tremblant wednesday. (which is when I realized the NNJR (my group) DE was upcoming)
Old 07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 94 Posts

Great event. Good track. Hope to return next year....
Old 07-19-2017, 05:49 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miss that event
Old 07-20-2017, 08:17 PM
SIC 58
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Was my first time there, drove up from Virginia, did the event and put another 2100 miles on the GT3. Great vacation! Great event, and the track is a lot of fun!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Glad you guys enjoyed our home track. It really is special, it's the whole package.

As for Montreal traffic improving next year, uh, yeah, that ain't happening! WAYZ is your friend...

Matt R - sorry I missed you. I came by Sunday afternoon and your car was already trailered up. Did not see you - next time for sure.

Cheers

Matt
Old 07-22-2017, 08:03 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane

As for Montreal traffic improving next year, uh, yeah, that ain't happening! WAYZ is your friend...

Cheers

Matt
Great call Matt.

FWIW, I was told about Waze from another NNJR member while at LCMT that weekend after hitting the crazy traffic on the way up.

On the way home, it saved me a lot of time (I assume) by taking me around Montreal. It's a killer app and constantly updating in real time for traffic, accidents, police activity, etc. Also very very accurate.

Waze is my new travel companion for sure. Free from the App store.

Thanks for mentioning it. I should have posted about in my original post in this thread.

Should be on everyone's phone if you travel long distances.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a great event! Thanks, folks, I'll be back next year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thank You NER and NNJR--LCMT