Sponsored by:

Project One vs. Valkyrie

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:04 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Project One vs. Valkyrie

I like to start herewith a thread speaking about those two Hyper-Cars - based on the hudge knowledge in here.

I´ve seen the Valkyrie in Geneva 16 - but not that finalized as in the pictures which came out a couple of days ago.

A pity that i haven´t seen the Project One in pictures. But a couple of guys in here already did.

For me this is a fun comparison in concepts:
Mercedes Benz Project One
vs.
Aston Martin Valkyrie / AM-RB 001

Engine:
Turbo 1,6l 90° V6 new school F1 Engine
11.000rpm
758 hp
4x E-Motor á 69 hp= 276 hp
1.034 hp combined
vs.
NA 6,5l somehow old school V12 - (5,9l Aston V12 + Cosworth love)
??
??
ERS (Energy Recovery System) in coop with Rimac
ca. 1.000 hp combined

Gearbox:
"Single Clutch automated manual variant" ??
vs.
Sequencial Ricardo 7speed Race-Car-Gearbox.

Drivetrain:
AWD, with the engine power being delivered to the rear (combines with the petrol engine, to help the turbo, and an independent electrically-driven front axle
vs.
just RWD ??

Chassis:
Monocoque built by MB ??
vs.
Carbon Monocoque built by Multimatic

Weight:
1.300 kg
vs.
1.000 kg

Production Run:
vs.
150 street + 25 track

Price (without taxes):
2,3 Mio €
vs.
2,3 - 3,5 Mio €

Start of Delivery:
launch IAA 2017
?? (2018/2019)
vs.
already launched
Beginning of 2019

Please add some stats, infos - and i will update this first post.

We could also include the McL B23 - which should be within this range and will come also 2019. But i´m not sure if it will be more a kind of "Hyper GT" instead of a sequencial gearbox raw Hypercar...

MB says the Project One is sold out in US (since April 16, 2017) - so for sure we do have a couple of buyers in here.?
Old 07-14-2017, 05:06 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

incredible aero:

Old 07-14-2017, 05:07 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

that diffusor

Old 07-14-2017, 05:08 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Old 07-14-2017, 05:28 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

craziest comparison are the engines.

this:

compared to that:

of corse Cosworth will do its job - and it could looks similar to the AM One-77 engine:

"
In a truncated development programme of just 15 months, the development team achieved over 45% increase in performance and over 10% reduction in mass without the use of exotic materials or compromising emissions; this resulted in one of the worlds most powerful naturally aspirated road engines.
"

"
Our brief to the engine team was for them to take the 6.0-litre V12 as far as it could go, both in terms of output and weight reduction. The targets were a power output of no less than 700bhp with a 10 per cent reduction in engine mass. Incredibly, the Aston Martin and Cosworth engineers achieved a mass reduction of some 25 per cent, and although we've yet to complete the final engine calibration work, I'm confident we'll see in excess of 700bhp. It's an awesome accomplishment, but one that's typical of the One-77 project, for it has consistently brought out the very best in everyone involved.
"

for sure the Valkyrie engine will be even more advanced than the One-77 engine.

1,6 vs. 6,5 ...
Old 07-14-2017, 10:30 AM
porscharu
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the Valkyrie come with a custom step stool to get in? The door openings and the carbon blade extending from the front quarter look like a challenge (like climbing into a manhole). The A pillars look VERY large as well. I still find the name ironic considering its competition. Adrian really out did himself on this one. It looks like a UFO compared to anything else on the landscape.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:49 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I was in Berlin to see the project 1 unveiling with a good friend who ordered one. The technology on display was incredible, with a true hybrid motor: electric motor on right spools up the massive turbo and keeps lag to a minimum.. faster throttle pedal response than the mercedes v8 f1 engine from a few years ago.. then a second electric motor on left side recaptures up to 33% of excess heat from gasoline engine and uses it to produce more power. It's all amazing.. but then we got to hear the mule driving on track and it sounded like... well, not very nice at all.

The Valkyrie.. is designed by Adrian newey, and has a naturally aspirated large displacement v12.. with supplemental electric power for torquefill.

an argument can be made that while the aston won't be truly road legal (they think with enough exemptions they can pull it off)... the project 1 is going to be a mercedes quality product, full road legal the world over.. they are really putting the message out to owners that they won't be buying a delicate exotic, the project 1 will be mercedes quality through and through.

While my friend is buying both.. if I had to choose, it would be the aston for sure... to me a car is about visceral sensations.. and the NA v12 has no equal.. especially when compared to 1.6L v6.. and I don't care how much tech they pack into it...

Aesthetically.. the aston wins this hands down.. its like a futuristic spaceship... incredibly light looking, like it's floating. In comparison, the project 1 looked like a normal car. Think updated CLK-GTR lemans racer.. very similar to this rendering online. Impressive in its own right, but the aston is on another level.
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2017, 01:03 PM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Both cars are great. I'm fan of the Aston Martin for a really looooong time. I believe that the company in collaboration with Adrian Newey did a great job. I've seen recently the moke up model in an private event in London. The only thing that the future owners should worry about is how the heck they're going to get fit in there! Valkyrie's design is epic. They took advantage every cm to make a car full aerodynamic. I'm looking forward to see the real car in person. The road version would look great too. By the way i find great the fact that Aston Martin will use a N/A V12 in comparison with AMG that will use a 1.6 turbo engine which it will need service every little couple of miles!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:32 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the Project One. Much respect. Can't wait to see it!

As for the Valkyrie...

Dear God. Really?

Epic, epic, epic design. Stunning. Truly made me want to tear up a little just thinking that this kind of thing exists in today's world. Renews my faith in mankind. Somehow posters of the Valkyrie should be sent to all the young boys (and girls) of the world to hang on their bedroom walls to hang beside posters of spaceships other wordly cityscapes to help inspire future generations.

I would love to see the Valkyrie's engine approach 1,000hp alone without the battery assist. Hopefully it will be the most epic N/A engine ever produced, eclipsing everything else that has come before. If I had the money and were buying this car, I wouldn't care if it was so special that the engine alone costs a cool million.

First thing that came to my mind when seeing the interior of the Valkyrie was:

1.) Why can't they integrate the side mirror monitors better as to not block your field of vision?
2.) Where are the airbags going to be located? Will the road version have airbags?
3.) Where the hell is the fuel tank located?
4.) Where are the driveshafts?

Wish I could have afforded one.
Hope Porsche comes close to this in the decades ahead. A modern/future 917 perhaps? Stlll needs to be a single-seater in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:23 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

BP23 is very much NOT a Valkyrie which is good...I'm looking forward to putting miles on it with my wife and daughter. Not intended as track car...more like a Chiron with F1 3 seat DNA.

Aston is a space ship alien for sure. Love the look. Will be terrifying for 75% of the buyers. Who the hell can really service it for the inevitable glitches?? WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE.

MB P1 will be more of a blended car...they are taking a page out of the 918 book. Making the power USABLE. They told me 6:00 was ring target if they could find ballsy pilot. WANT TO DRIVE IT AT COTA!!

Prediction: BP23 gets driven the most, Aston gets crashed the most, Mercedes puts best times down in testing due to AWD making it ultimately more predictable to drive.

Quick Reply: Project One vs. Valkyrie