Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bay Area CGT service/shop

Old 01-26-2017, 12:52 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bay Area CGT service/shop

As the title says, I'm looking for a shop or dealership that has good experience with CGT's.

I know in SoCal we could head to BBi, but staying local is highly preferred.

This car gets driven quite a bit, and I'm trying to find someone experienced who won't just jump to the "engine out" conclusions every time.

A quick search didn't turn up much, sounds like some preferred local dealer techs have left and so I'm hoping to hear from the community.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 AM
MirageJHU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To close the loop here we ended up shipping her to BBi and will likely drive her back up when she's done...bummer we couldn't find something local
Old 07-04-2017, 10:08 PM
bojali
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Next time take it to Monterey Porsche. Paul is the tech there and has serviced mine since new. Works with me on what should be and what can wait. Cost has been quite reasonable, compared to what I have read on others..
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by MirageJHU
To close the loop here we ended up shipping her to BBi and will likely drive her back up when she's done...bummer we couldn't find something local
A little late to this but for next time check with Porsche of Livermore. While it lost its two most senior techs the new ones have quite a few years in the business and have been getting a lot of training working their way up to the higher levels of Porsche techdom.

I was at the dealer a few weeks back and the I guess most senior tech was working on a 918, giving it IIRC its 20K mile service. The engine was *not* out. Though the amount of disassembly the tech had to do to get at the plugs is amazing.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:15 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by bojali
Next time take it to Monterey Porsche. Paul is the tech there and has serviced mine since new. Works with me on what should be and what can wait. Cost has been quite reasonable, compared to what I have read on others..
i thought paul s. was planning to start his own gig?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bay Area CGT service/shop