Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Workshop 5001

Old 04-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Workshop 5001

Worth looking at. A more genuine form of reimagined 911.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:27 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Worth looking at. A more genuine form of reimagined 911.
Yeah Marlon is doing some very unique things and his quality seems next-level. Definitely worth checking out.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

It is my understanding that he previously worked for Singer.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:49 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

It is my understanding that he previously worked for Singer.
Yes - very talented guy.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:13 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts

Robert, from multiple posts I've read you seem to have an oddly persistent issue with Singer and are intent on finding fault with their product... Is this due some business dealings that didn't go your way?
Old 04-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Not finding fault. Just happened to see some videos on Youtube about Workshop 5001 and thought it might be interesting. The only one who has mentioned Singer in this thread is you.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:41 PM
neilhellr
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Nurburger here.

Robert - you seem to have a very odd (passive aggressive) attitude towards Singer. You don't love the cars - you don't get why people love the cars - that's OKAY, you don't have to love them or even understand why others do.

It is pretty apparent that they have made something "special" and many do value the work they do to the cars. You have made your point (multiple times in multiple threads). It does beg the question - what happened between you and Singer???

To claim you didn't bring up Singer is laughable. In your first post you use their "reimagined" tagline to draw comparisons between Singer and 5001. If that wasn't quite subtle enough, your very next post (unprovoked) mentions that Marlon "used to work for Singer". You brought them up, TWICE, before anyone else did.

Looks like they (5001) have a nice offering, and it's certainly of interest, but let's give us all some credit here. We are all smart enough to see what you did and everyone is just a bit curious as to why you keep doing it...
Old 04-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Think what you will. People on these boards bring up new vendors and ideas regularly. Neither Ruf nor Singer nor Techart nor any other tuner has any monopoly. In fact, I have also been complimentary about Singer's excellent design work. Finally, "reimagined" is not a word unique to or owned by Singer or anyone else. Lastly, I bear Singer no ill will. I simply have an opinion as is my right and that opinion is that their cars are not magical but I am going to look at a new one on Sunday and perhaps I'll be proved wrong -- in which case I'll be happy to say so. BTW, do you own a Singer? One last point, I think a Singer is a good car for what it is, Ruf for what it is, TechArt for what it is, etc.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts

I am going to look at a new one on Sunday and perhaps I'll be proved wrong
Look? What has that got to do with anything regarding vehicle dynamics, feel or capability?

Robert, you don't drive your (amazing) cars... Your 930, 964 and M6 all have minimal mileage... I'm sure you have many miles logged in other Porsches and I have great respect for what you have done, though I can't understand your negativity to what is clearly an amazing car. Richard Meaden, Chris Harris and multiple other respected testers have raved....
Old 04-21-2017, 12:36 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Robert, from multiple posts I've read you seem to have an oddly persistent issue with Singer and are intent on finding fault with their product... Is this due some business dealings that didn't go your way?
Looks like Robert tried getting Singer to use his designed engines but the discussions did not go anywhere

Post #6

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ed-engine.html

and he has been anti-Singer ever since!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Though you clearly will not believe it, these very preliminary discussions had and have nothing to do with my opinion of the Singer car. BTW, do you own one?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Workshop 5001