Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: anyone possibly getting the AMG Hypercar

Old 01-26-2017, 11:00 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts
Default OT: anyone possibly getting the AMG Hypercar

I know many of you have seen the news about the AMG Hypercar and was interested if anyone had their dealer submit their request back on Dec 23.

I got a call from my dealership owner who was with the head of AMG tonight ahead of a special function tomorrow and said due to my buying history of Mercedes and AMG he felt very certain I would receive an allocation.

They are asking for a larger than usual deposit but I guess it correlates with the $2-3Million price tag.

Anyone else here also in play?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Are they really putting the F1 1.6 in a road car? I read that somewhere but couldn't decide if it was speculation or not. I won't be getting one either way but it sounds great. Congrats
Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

I put my name on the list at a huge store ("#1 unless owner wants one then you are #2)

I very much want this.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I put my name on the list at a huge store ("#1 unless owner wants one then you are #2)

I very much want this.
C.J., got an email from my dealership owner that Mercedes had requested all final US customer order requests today and that they will be following up with the paperwork shortly. Not sure exactly what that entails as I didn't speak with him yet.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:43 AM
tims16m
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 42 Posts

Anymore news worthy updates? What is the likely number for the US?
Old 02-06-2017, 06:40 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NBoost
Are they really putting the F1 1.6 in a road car? I read that somewhere but couldn't decide if it was speculation or not. I won't be getting one either way but it sounds great. Congrats
It is heard that they will follow that way. Time will tell. In my opinion i believe that this will be very difficult because of the cooling issues that may appear..
Old 02-14-2017, 01:25 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Local dealer telling me its roughly 250 total cars. Not sold out yet - people not liking the 2.5 m price tag.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:16 PM
918man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone knows of any slots. please let me know.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:52 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.thedrive.com/news/8251/th...st-2-4-million

Originally Posted by Article
addition to a number of new sheet metal reveals at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show last weekend, Mercedes-AMG boss spilled some new details about the brand's upcoming hypercar called Project One, and its specs are just as drooly-worthy, if not more, than the Aston Martin Valkyrie's.

Starting with the engine, the Project One will borrow the same power plant—a 1.6-liter turbocharged V-6 —found in the 2016 Formula One Champion-winning Mercedes W07 car and will sing to the tune of 1,000 ponies and spin to 11,000 rpm, Autocar reports. The Project One's engine won't be some crazy de-tuned engine that vaguely resembles the original F1 engine, either, which is something that Ferrari has done in the past. (Case in point: the F50.) It will be tuned to be bearable on the street, though—Mercedes will lower its idle speed from 4,000 rpm to 1,200 rpm, apparently—but the engine's case and heads will still be F1-spec, along with its energy recovery system.

Regarding the hybrid system, Moers said, "We will have four electric motors—one for each front wheel, one on the crankshaft and one on the engine turbocharger. We will use the same 'performance' battery cells as the F1 cars, which have advantages and limitations; but we will still be able to deliver 30km of EV range. And our target for kerbweight is 1300kg 'DIN.'"

Project One will have F1 power, but that means F1 fragility, too. Apparently, the engine will last around only 31,000 miles before requiring "rework." Moers, in an interview with Motoring, said, "We have an understanding of about 50,000km. This OK for us. I think that’s good enough. That’s the life of the engine. Then we do some rework, like in a race car. But you don’t need an F1 team, you don’t need special gas. You can push the button and it fires up."

Because no dual-clutch transmission can cope with such high engine speeds, Mercedes-AMG will fit an automated manual transmission that, like an F1 car, will require a clutch pedal to initially get the car moving. Moers said, "I can tell you we will be using an 'AMT' (automated manual transmission) because there's no twin-clutch gearbox capable of working with an engine that revs to 11,000rpm."

Moers confirmed that the Project One will be limited to a production run of 275 models globally with no plans to make more. The Project One will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor this fall.

I don't think very much of MB's modern cars' reliability/durability but 31k miles is . Granted, for many owners that could be a rebuild after 10 years of ownership and that still doesn't mean that I'm not jealous of anyone that will get the experience of driving one though.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Curious if the $2.5MM price includes a refresh or are you on your own for that? I assume this means flying/floating the car back to Germany. Will your local dealer even be able to change brake pads? I guess these are things those of us who can't afford $2.5MM cars are stuck worrying about, lol.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:33 AM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^ I was thinking that too, at ~3mil USD, and considering they know the engine won't last but 50,000km, they should offer lifetime engine rebuilds on the house.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: anyone possibly getting the AMG Hypercar