Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 12:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
Heres a nice little tidbit I saw from an SV owner on instagram regarding the N-ring time as well as a hint about its full potential: Trofeo Rs come out from factory and dealers as options starting September I believe. In addition, EVERY single automotive test of the McLaren and Porsche has been with the Race options (Trofeo R and titanium exhaust) and Weissach (Lighter wheels, more agressive aero) respectively. Nobody has used a Lamborghini with race option from Santa'gata being Factory Race Exhaust w/ Exhaust tune. I have only exhaust tune on my car from factoryand I am hitting 155 on the straight at Thermalbefore slowing down at brake zone 3. Oh and I've only been to that track once ������ If Randy Pobst had a race option SV I believe he would have decimated his time. With Trofeo Rs braking would have improved along with Acceleration, allowing this car to possibly compete or even surpass the performance of the 918. Another Owners' review from instagram: So how was the sv on track? First the disclaimers; I'm used to driving mclarens so when I drove 675 lt on track it was very natural to me. @racesonoma is self proclaimed "the most technical track in USA" .Only two places where one can hit 130 mph. 600 + horsepower one won't feel much of a difference in lap times. No real advantage for 740 hp versus 666 ho at a track like Sonoma ) . Sv felt very planted. The all wheel drive and weight of the car made me feel pretty secure. It didn't seem that I would lose control of the car. Rear wheel drive and lower weight like the 675 it feels like one is driving a feather and the slightest twitch and car could go sideways. I'd say 80% of the time one is in third gear in the mclarens and sv. Since the 675 is so light you can really power out of corners versus the sv. I reached higher speeds in 675 vs sv . Sv has p zero corsas vs trofeo on 675. This alone gives a big advantage to 675 (p1 was 2 seconds faster in chris Harris test with trofeos vs corsas). This is a huge advantage for the 675 when going through the fast corners (turn 12. 1 and 2). . Sv handled the eses very well. However, weight advantage allows 675 to build up speed much faster before one starts gliding through the eses. . I was impressed with sv braking. The abs didn't kick in under heavy braking where's the 675 it will the odd time. . Overall on a track like Sonoma the 675 was faster due to its weight advantage, tires.). I'd say that an intermediate driver would be able to get more out of an sv then they would from a 675. . The sv ring results were not known or even tested When I committed to the car. I didn't buy it for its track capabilities but it is icing on the cake in that it not only looks great but has some good performance behind it. . I look forward to tracking it on a longer and less technical track to see how it does against the 675.

Fwiw at thermal I have topped out at 167 in the P1
Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Fwiw at thermal I have topped out at 167 in the P1
Nice. So the SV is 12mph slower than the P1...not bad. Have you driven the SV?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:01 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nice. So the SV is 12mph slower than the P1...not bad. Have you driven the SV?
Yes and it is slower accelerating than the 675LT. 400 kilos are hard to hide.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:05 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Ok then. Have you heard any rumors about the Huracan SL? Also, how does the SV compare to the other street/track cars you've driven?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:34 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ok then. Have you heard any rumors about the Huracan SL? Also, how does the SV compare to the other street/track cars you've driven?

I have heard rumors about the SL Huracan. Sounds great on paper.

Outside of P1/ 918:

1) 675LT
2) 997 RS 4.0
3) Carrera GT
4) BAC mono
5) 93 NSX Supercharged

Best Ferrari: 458 speciale (track)
599 manual trans (road)

I just feel like the SV is too large and cumbersome to be a joyful drive. The Huracan for me is a great car to drive on the road but I didn't love it on track.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:14 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Nice!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:07 PM
991gtR
Instructor

nothing compares to a properly prepped 991 cup. It's kinda fun to track street cars but kinda just comparing peens .......... what happened to the acr being such a great track car in your eyes? ...
Old 08-25-2016, 01:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 991gtR
nothing compares to a properly prepped 991 cup. It's kinda fun to track street cars but kinda just comparing peens .......... what happened to the acr being such a great track car in your eyes? ...

The acr is the best track car. It's not the best street car. As a combo, it's a great car. It's all the car anyone would ever need and I would put it up against any car in a laptime battle on a classic race circuit like laguna seca, sonoma, watkins glen, VIR.

The 918 and McLaren P1 on tilke tracks or big euro/ F1 tracks like Monza, Spa, COTA, LeMans, or even Daytona will be way faster due to maximum velocity.

The viper works best when compared to "regular" supercars on track or as a stock vs stock street car. It is barely a street car and I love it for what it is. That being said I need room for the 911R, 350R, Gt4 no2, Riviera RS, and Ford GT and as such had to sell my UV RS, Sapphire GT4, and the Viper.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:43 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

No surprised by your words. The ACR should be a real amazing machine, particularly on fast tracks.
On track like Laguna, I think it should be very hard for the car, as there are not many places where the car can get some "rest" and breath. Imo, for Laguna Seca, (and to be friendly with the car), ..light is right there !

About the Ring, do not know if any of you been there recently, but, imo, the track really becomes in a quite bad shape. Soon it should be redone, ..or it will become a test place for SUV "off road" abilities !
(Joking, ..but only partially !)

@CJ, See that you are an AZ guy, having green 997RS in Ge.
Is this you ? (entering the Ring in Adenau)

Name:  AZ%20GT3RS%20ar%20the%20Ring%20entrance%20.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  166.2 KB

..if yes, was just on the back of you that day !

Last edited by GVA-SFO; 08-28-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:10 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GVA-SFO
No surprised by your words. The ACR should be a real amazing machine, particularly on fast tracks. On track like Laguna, I think it should be very hard for the car, as there are not many places where the car can get some "rest" and breath. Imo, for Laguna Seca, (and to be friendly with the car), ..light is right there ! About the Ring, do not know if any of you been there recently, but, imo, the track really becomes in a quite bad shape. Soon it should be redone, ..or it will become a test place for SUV "off road" abilities ! (Joking, ..but only partially !) @CJ, See that you are an AZ guy, having green 997RS in Ge. Is this you ? (entering the Ring in Adenau) ..if yes, was just on the back of you that day !
Nope my green RS has california plates...
Old 09-01-2016, 12:51 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Congrats on the SV Roadster! Beautiful color and the exhaust is a must! Let's see a video of it going through the gears!
I really need to do this.

Get so giddy when it's time to take it out everything is forgotten.

Good to see some posts on the SV - race exhaust and tune make the car a completely different animal. It terrorizes quiet neighborhoods timing the loud back pressure it's like tossing M-60's at walkers and bikers.

Once the Trofeo's show up will hit the track - yes it's porky but the race exhaust and tune adds an extra 60-70 hp takes down a Mclaren add the Trofeo's and it's going to be one heck of a battle with anything and everything.

The ACR - E is on order - adding the hp and suspension package love the NA beasts get em while you can!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Got this from RT:
Speaking of Lamborghini: Talked to someone last weekend and we came to talk about the new Huracan SL. He had the chance to talk to someone who is close to development and everyone at Lamborghini seems to be amazed with the new Huracan SL. The good news is: Audi will very likely offer the R8 GT based on the Huracan SL but with AWD instead of RWD (Huracan SL) only. Maybe I should upgrade...
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Got this from RT:
Speaking of Lamborghini: Talked to someone last weekend and we came to talk about the new Huracan SL. He had the chance to talk to someone who is close to development and everyone at Lamborghini seems to be amazed with the new Huracan SL. The good news is: Audi will very likely offer the R8 GT based on the Huracan SL but with AWD instead of RWD (Huracan SL) only. Maybe I should upgrade...
Talked to my dealer last week about the SL zero news other than crappy seats which luckily I switched to the comfort seats in the SV.

Audi vs Huracan - grab the Audi but might want to consider SV Aventador it's in a different league once you toss on a race exhaust which adds 60+ hp & Trofeo's it's a whole different car.

Have the ACR - E on order it's going to be fun to see where the two stack up.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-12-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:52 PM
991gtR
Instructor

i love the buckets on my sv... but i do love my go kart seats too lol... now i had an acr -e and it was less comfortable than the gt3 rs buckets and sv buckets lol... hope your not 5 10 pus lol..

Last edited by 991gtR; 09-18-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:52 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by 991gtR
i love the buckets on my sv... but i do love my go kart seats too lol... now i had an acr -e and it was less comfortable than the gt3 rs buckets and sv buckets lol... hope your not 5 10 pus lol..
6'2 son is 6'3 - keep reading the ACR feels tight / cramped.

Viper is tighter than the SV - that's not good SV is at the limit.

Went with comfort seats in the SV - did you install the lowering seat kit in the ACR also dead pedal is too close and angle is poor.

Was told to unbolt horizontal bracket where pedal is mounted and use rear mounting holes to bolt the dead pedal directly to it.

Adds another two inches and closer to the side panel big difference and can be put back with no damage.

Quick Reply: Aventador SV at the ring under 7 min.