Sponsored by:

918 options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Lol, I am not even surprised, for some reason they are not very organized regarding the 918 options.

Anyway, I found out a surprise this morning, my dealer's parts department actually have all the schematics and when I said I want the trunk matts, all it takes was 5 mins and they found it and ordered.
is it the case then that you could order the roof tops in exposed carbon, rear wing, and side mirrors from parts? i think wtdoom had said he got spare exposed tops.

that would be good to know ..
Old 02-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

wtdoom got his from his initial car order and placed those order through the 918 concierge, who are quite bit more organized and knowledgable than just ordinary Porsche dealership personal.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:54 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I didn't know there was any Sept/Oct build, considering they are shutting down the 918 production line by the end of June?!

I can't imagine any Porsche dealer would tell you this information.
Not a Porsche dealer - one of the 4 current 918 sellers on mobile.de

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto/porsche...nt1.modelId=23

In fairness, he said the car would be available Sept/Oct but I've written this one off. I'm now chasing one the the others who can supply in 10 weeks but I'm not willing to send a large deposit cheque to someone I haven't met for a car I can't see.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
FastCarNut
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 'official' Porsche deadline to change any of the options on any of the cars still to be build was a few Wednesdays ago. I would be wary of any seller who claims that it is possible to personalize the 'allocations' they have for sale. It might be that at this point the buyer will have to accept the choices made by the one who originally ordered the car.

On the other hand, I did find that the ordering process with Porsche was a bit of a mess; I got conflicting information more than once and so this information might prove to be false. I would be interested to learn if this is indeed the case...

Quick Reply: 918 options?