Sponsored by:

my 918 builds

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
I note you have seat pad on the standard car spec, I would not bother. You sit on the seat with this and not in the seat...also don't forget the acid green stich to the steering wheel and sun visor...

The seat pad is a little cushion on top of the side of the bucket seat, it's primary function is to protect your thigh went you get in/out of the car. Without it the hard pointy edge of the carbon will be making direct contact with your thigh.

Porsche added that little pad after prototype testing and found out the seat might get in the way.
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the seat pad as described by Whoopsy. It's basically a post-production fix that should have been catered for in original design.

Separately, I also have the standard 'firm' padding on the drivers side seat, but the softer padding on the passenger side. Agree with Apolo that the softer padding makes you feel slightly disconnected, but in my opinion, more comfortable for passengers in general use. There is no difference in appearance to either choice, and I tried both at factory.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:12 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I note you have seat pad on the standard car spec, I would not bother. You sit on the seat with this and not in the seat...also don't forget the acid green stich to the steering wheel and sun visor...
i am not sure i understand this. the seat pad is just a little bit of leather around the carbon fiber on the side of the seat where your thigh touches. what do you mean by "you sit on the seat with this and not in the seat"?
Old 11-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

The seat pad as set out above in the picture is fine. I was referring to the seat option at page 36, i.e. lightweight bucket seat with extra seat padding...
Old 11-30-2014, 06:27 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The seat pad as set out above in the picture is fine. I was referring to the seat option at page 36, i.e. lightweight bucket seat with extra seat padding...
there are only two seat options that i see in the configurator:

"Lightweight Bucket Racing Seats" and "Lightweight Bucket Seats"

i am told Racing version just has more padding on the side bolsters and for somebody with my frame size, i should definitely go for the non-Racing version.

i am under impression that aside of side bolster difference the seats are virtually the same. am i wrong?
Old 12-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

If I were you I would just try both seats, its all down to personal choice, a P1 owner on ML had also commented that he found the seats with the extra padding not to his preference. I have driven car on road and track with both seats, mush prefer the seats with out the padding....
Old 12-04-2014, 10:17 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

As an owner of a non a/c gt3, I say go for it. I would paint the weissach white though.

Quick Reply: my 918 builds