Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge on a 918

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:51 AM
biko
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Yes I checked he boxes for cup holder and home link.

With the Weissach package, can the wing and roof be painted the body color? I know seems strange to do so, but I think those panels in body color look better, especially with a dark blue.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:01 AM
maomao911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by biko

With the Weissach package, can the wing and roof be painted the body color? I know seems strange to do so, but I think those panels in body color look better, especially with a dark blue.
I think the car on roof is a weissach pack feature. The standard car has body color roof.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:21 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Ask Prosche to make the CF in blue - Ferrari does it and the prices aren't that bad.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:34 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Hmmm... P1 and 918....That will make for an interesting decision come drive day.

Congrats!

If I was doing one (and I'm not, I cancelled my deposit), I sure like this black and white one:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...l#post11661398
WOW!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:35 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Congrats on 918!!! Congrats on P1!!! You have some decisions to make each morning. Good for you Charles.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:04 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

I don't see a problem with getting them painted from the factory. Don't forget the windshield frame is also carbon weaved that needs to be painted. Do you include the rear winglets too?

You might not be able to or might have great difficulty customizing the car that way through your dealer though.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Congratulations. 918 and P1 - talk about a dynamic duo!! Blue is a great choice. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:41 AM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

We were sad to hear the CGT was gone - this will do though! Huge congrats, Charles!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:19 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

White on white, great!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:47 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 594 Posts

After being on the fence for a long time, I took the plunge and placed my deposit for a 918.

Here's my spec, am I missing anything?

- dark metallic blue
- authentic mocha leather
- silver piping (instead of acid green)
- front lift
- sliver trim on seatbelt
- sliver calipers (I was told this is possible but not on configurator)

I didn't do the W package since I would just add back most what it took out. The only thing I really liked where the wheels.

Should be a good companion to my incoming satin polar silver P1!

Thanks!
Charles
Congrats on a great spec. In Spain, the Dark Blue Metallic 918 was easily the looker of the bunch, far and away. That with Mocha/gray interior with silver calipers? Fabulous!

Fwiw, I'm with you on the Weissach pack—I think the 918 looks better without the add-ons and with the body color roof. Especially in a sophisticated color. Might think hard about W pack on a white car. I'd also strongly consider the low-glare dash with the brown leather, as well as the $0 leather butt protectors on the seats. You're going to chuckle at the cupholder when you get it...so worth not missing and soooooo chunky/overengineered against all the weight shavings elsewhere.

Last, the Weissach wheels are nice, but crazy $$,$$$. The HREs posted here look stunning (!), but among the stockers, the standard wheels in dark gray looked GREAT in person even if they are only so-so on the configurator. Visually my favorite of the three options, and would probably look great on Dark Blue.

In any event, all of the above offered respectfully after having seen a lot of configurations in one place at the same time. Enjoy the car, and be ready for insane power, insane stability, and insane agility. It truly is a moonshot.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:50 PM
biko
Instructor

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
We were sad to hear the CGT was gone - this will do though! Huge congrats, Charles!
I liked the CGT and had a twinge of regret when it loaded up to go but I can't say I loved it. At slow speeds (under 30 mph) it felt a little wooden, and it was definitely not a car you want to drive in a city like San Francisco!

Granted I am not that sentimental about cars...
Old 09-24-2014, 08:50 PM
biko
Instructor

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
Originally Posted by stout
Congrats on a great spec. In Spain, the Dark Blue Metallic 918 was easily the looker of the bunch, far and away. That with Mocha/gray interior with silver calipers? Fabulous!

Fwiw, I'm with you on the Weissach pack—I think the 918 looks better without the add-ons and with the body color roof. Especially in a sophisticated color. Might think hard about W pack on a white car. I'd also strongly consider the low-glare dash with the brown leather, as well as the $0 leather butt protectors on the seats. You're going to chuckle at the cupholder when you get it...so worth not missing and soooooo chunky/overengineered against all the weight shavings elsewhere.

Last, the Weissach wheels are nice, but crazy $$,$$$. The HREs posted here look stunning (!), but among the stockers, the standard wheels in dark gray looked GREAT in person even if they are only so-so on the configurator. Visually my favorite of the three options, and would probably look great on Dark Blue.

In any event, all of the above offered respectfully after having seen a lot of configurations in one place at the same time. Enjoy the car, and be ready for insane power, insane stability, and insane agility. It truly is a moonshot.
Thanks for your response. I am actually in Spain at the moment!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm flying to Stuttgart on Monday night, and will be speccing mine on Tuesday.

Yours is pretty close to one of my options, (dark blue/mocha) or alternatively I might go for a brighter blue. Will be going Weissach with carbon on view I think, as I peronally prefer the look, and now the wheels (having originally preferred standard).

I'm hoping to see some options on the production line visit which is prior to spec session, not having seen a 918 in the flesh so far.

Will be spending this weekend searching the web for all options/combinations!
Old 09-26-2014, 11:56 PM
heynow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car should be on the line during your visit. Look for car #913

Quick Reply: Took the plunge on a 918