My 918 or at least a report of it - Page 46 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:

My 918 or at least a report of it

Old 02-16-2018, 12:25 AM
  #676  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default

So now come October, SEMA time. I have this great idea about doing a road trip, driving from Vancouver to Las Vegas and back no less.






Between this post and the post above, I put on over 7000km in the car, in about 5 months time. It is now sitting at over 16,000 km.

And just in case someone ask, yes we did go stopped by the cop, he did write us a ticket, but we talked it down to 10 over the lowest amount, and we spent about 30 mins chatting AND he took a bunch of selfies with the car. First time he ever seen one, he thought it was a Ferrari.

But sadly, that was the last time I drove it. After I got back, the car has been parked since November. There are other cars that needed my attention.
Whoopsy is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:30 AM
  #677  
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ^ The Bay Bridge, Silly
Posts: 3,153
Default

^ Great to see one being used in the wild, and well.
stout is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:33 AM
  #678  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default

The aftermath of doing all these track days the Cup2s are basically gone, it's running on it's winter tires when I did my trip to Vegas, so are the brake pads. New ones getting installed in the spring. Other than that, another quart of 0W-40 and that's it. Nothing broke.

And thank god I was running winters, cause this happened on the way back.

Whoopsy is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:38 AM
  #679  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default



And for those that cared. This is the average for the lifetime of the car. That translate to 17.8mpg. Not bad for a halo car that's the first to break 7 mins at the Ring.
Whoopsy is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:32 AM
  #680  
928cs
Super User
 
928cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Mans, France
Posts: 2,112
Default

Originally Posted by stout View Post
^ Great to see one being used in the wild, and well.
+1
928cs is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:53 PM
  #681  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default

Gonna do another road trip later this year to Monterey for Rennsport reunion.

Thinking about getting a buddy to drive another one down too, not sure which car I want him to take. Perhaps the 911R, or if my car arrive in tine, the GT2RS. Or perhaps the Turbo S Exclusive, or even the old girl Turbo 3.6.

Leaning toward the Exclusive. Just so I can stretch out and relax on the sofa seats.
Whoopsy is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:26 PM
  #682  
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ^ The Bay Bridge, Silly
Posts: 3,153
Default

Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
Gonna do another road trip later this year to Monterey for Rennsport reunion.

Thinking about getting a buddy to drive another one down too, not sure which car I want him to take. Perhaps the 911R, or if my car arrive in tine, the GT2RS. Or perhaps the Turbo S Exclusive, or even the old girl Turbo 3.6.

Leaning toward the Exclusive. Just so I can stretch out and relax on the sofa seats.
^ No bad choices, but the yin and yang of 918 & Turbo 3.6 would be very cool. Make the Exclusive a support vehicle/relaxation chamber...
stout is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 09:08 PM
  #683  
GT3RS-Fan1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3RS-Fan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,244
Default

Those 18-way sofas looks and feels very comfy for a long drive.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1





Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
Gonna do another road trip later this year to Monterey for Rennsport reunion.

Thinking about getting a buddy to drive another one down too, not sure which car I want him to take. Perhaps the 911R, or if my car arrive in tine, the GT2RS. Or perhaps the Turbo S Exclusive, or even the old girl Turbo 3.6.

Leaning toward the Exclusive. Just so I can stretch out and relax on the sofa seats.
GT3RS-Fan1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 01:08 AM
  #684  
richk
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
richk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: los angeles and nyc
Posts: 2,155
Default

Originally Posted by Whoopsy View Post
So now come October, SEMA time. I have this great idea about doing a road trip, driving from Vancouver to Las Vegas and back no less.






Between this post and the post above, I put on over 7000km in the car, in about 5 months time. It is now sitting at over 16,000 km.

And just in case someone ask, yes we did go stopped by the cop, he did write us a ticket, but we talked it down to 10 over the lowest amount, and we spent about 30 mins chatting AND he took a bunch of selfies with the car. First time he ever seen one, he thought it was a Ferrari.

But sadly, that was the last time I drove it. After I got back, the car has been parked since November. There are other cars that needed my attention.
In and Out Burger in las vegas...thats classic!

Epic road trip and very cool that you are enjoying your supercar.
richk is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 02:43 AM
  #685  
E-Man
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by richk View Post
In and Out Burger in las vegas...thats classic!

Epic road trip and very cool that you are enjoying your supercar.
Hope you're enjoying your 911R or GT3 RS 4.0 or your 964 3.6 turbo, or your GT2 RS because you're a turbo guy.. ??
why are you on the Super car forum again??
E-Man is offline  
Old 02-18-2018, 02:38 AM
  #686  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 37,571
Default

when i grow up i want to be like e-man, Wtdoom, and whoopsy.
and actually drive their cars.
mooty is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 01:59 PM
  #687  
E-Man
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
when i grow up i want to be like e-man, Wtdoom, and whoopsy.
and actually drive their cars.
mooty, like I said before, anytime you'd like to drive the cgt just come on up!
E-Man is offline  
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 PM
  #688  
Juli
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 42
Default

I just read the whole thread - awesome content!

Thank you very much for sharing.

Julian
Juli is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 09:18 AM
  #689  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default



Here is something one don't see every day. A set of basically destroyed front pads on the 918. Pad material is disintegrating and the backing pad is coming off. Worn down to the wires too.

These lasted 16000km, with almost 1000km of those on track.
Whoopsy is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 09:38 AM
  #690  
Whoopsy
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Whoopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,901
Default

Next up, will be picking up my Golden Eye, aka Turbo S Exclusive in Zuffenhausen May 15th and then do a 918 Spyder Circle trip to visit Weissach and Bugatti. Turbo S will stay in Europe until late July for another 918 Spyder Circle event in the French Alps and be my transport for driving to my races before coming home, hopefully it will get back in time for Rennsport Reunion.
Whoopsy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 918 or at least a report of it


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: