Sponsored by:

Porsche sued over crash that killed Paul Walker

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
I am so sick of hearing about litigation over failing to use your brain.
Remember the "hot coffee in the lap" incident. Hell if the coffee were cold and had not burned her, she would have sued for failure to make good coffee.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:49 PM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
I am so sick of hearing about litigation over failing to use your brain. When are we (as a society) gonna wake up, and realize "it's not always someone elses fault"? What would stop all of these frivilous lawsuits, is if defendants would stand their ground and not settle. Maybe, of all the ridiculous legislation, someone could draft up laws to curb these suits. It's not the common denominator, to hold yourself accountable for your own actions. Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have started to rant. Actually, I think it's someone elses fault!

It's our fault for electing the ones that make the laws to use against the ones that elected them. Yet we do it every time.
Also, unfortunately, to fight a suit is most likely cost prohibitive. Sure, it makes financial sense to settle, so you can justify it,... I guess. You sure feel whored afterwards though.
And I also apologize, my second grade teacher fed me a chocolate cookie and it stunted me.

Quick Reply: Porsche sued over crash that killed Paul Walker