Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Concours Prep Areas on Friday

I got to the Hyatt Regency Conference Center underground parking on Thursday at noon and there were only a few Porsches prepping. That will change starting tomorrow morning. I anticipate that space (35/40 cars max) at the Hyatt will fill out quickly by early morning. Be prepare to go to alternative B, the Salinas Room at the Monterey Fairgrounds.

It is just down the street from the Hyatt. Follow Mark Thomas Drive (north), go over the overpass (over route 68), turn right at Garden Road and almost immediately take a Left into parking lot when you see sign for 'Monterey Pines Golf Course'. Enter at Gate 1. Salinas Room. See attached photos I took this afternoon to help you out. The gate will be open at 7 AM/8AM on Friday (tomorrow). This is your last covered option for Concours Prep at this Parade. So caveat lector.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 AM
needspeed
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm interested coming down for the Parade of Porsches on Saturday. Any details on when and where this is to take place?
Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by needspeed
I'm interested coming down for the Parade of Porsches on Saturday. Any details on when and where this is to take place?
Entrants have been asked to stage their Porsches directly at Laguna Seca. The staging will be done at the parking area near turn 5. Time is 3 PM. The cars will be divided into two groups, each to do two laps at Laguna. All will end by 5 PM.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-21-2014, 01:45 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Entrants have been asked to stage their Porsches directly at Laguna Seca. The staging will be done at the parking area near turn 5. Time is 3 PM. The cars will be divided into two groups, each to do two laps at Laguna. All will end by 5 PM.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Can one just come to watch and buy a ticket at the gates? Or do you have to be registered in advance to attend as a spectator?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Can one just come to watch and buy a ticket at the gates? Or do you have to be registered in advance to attend as a spectator?

Thanks.
I believe they'll let you in as a spectator. Laguna Seca is a county-owned park. There is a gate if you come in from Route 68, but I don't think it will be a problem coming in to look. That is probably what I will do.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-21-2014, 05:13 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I believe they'll let you in as a spectator. Laguna Seca is a county-owned park. There is a gate if you come in from Route 68, but I don't think it will be a problem coming in to look. That is probably what I will do.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!