Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:

RUF CTR3

 
Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 AM
  #61  
nicu
User
 
nicu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
Outstanding video. That's exactly what I would expect when the CGT is kept in its power band. As you say, the fast throttle response on each CGT shift also adds up as the RT12 has some turbo lag on each shift. Too bad they didn't make a CGT with a dual-sequential transmission, like the GT-R. The CGT engine and transmission are really setup for that. The RT12 eventually caught up because of its higher HP and less air resistance.
maybe you guys should hear Leon's (Rt12) side of the story,and BTW not all Rt12s are identical in specs and performance
nicu is offline  
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
  #62  
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
TB993tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nicu View Post
maybe you guys should hear Leon's (Rt12) side of the story,and BTW not all Rt12s are identical in specs and performance
Leon's side would be that the CGT started off first (that is what getting the drop means....) hence why it shot ahead. I have no idea how much of a drop but even a couple of seconds and the other car is gone - just shows that unless you start at identical times in similar gears then it is probably not an accurate reflection of what the car's performance is....

What is most impressive is how the RT12 catches up at the end....
TB993tt is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 03:37 AM
  #63  
nicu
User
 
nicu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

here's another one
Attached Images  
nicu is offline  
Old 10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
  #64  
JohnnyBahamas
Super User
 
JohnnyBahamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,607
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
I would take a Carrera GT ^^^ AND a Ruf RT12 (650), and keep the change for
storage fees in Europe

MK
+1
JohnnyBahamas is offline  
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 PM
  #65  
turboGary
User
 
turboGary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 370
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys, I would love to tell you more about the CTR3 and show you some production build shots but I legally can't. I am actually building these cars at my work. I personally hand made many of the components and my good friend and co-worker is laying the carbon body work.

Have you seen the clearcoated version they released for the offical release in Bahrain? It looked amazing. I'll se what I can show/tell you. It is a twin turbo powerplant with upwards of 700hp though....

Last edited by turboGary; 10-10-2008 at 09:53 PM.
turboGary is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
  #66  
tetzlafh
User
 
tetzlafh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 40 min South from the 'Ring, 45 min East of Spa
Posts: 1,023
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by turboGary View Post
Hey guys, I would love to tell you more about the CTR3 and show you some production build shots but I legally can't. I am actually building these cars at my work. I personally hand made many of the components and my good friend and co-worker is laying the carbon body work.

Have you seen the clearcoated version they released for the offical release in Bahrain? It looked amazing. I'll se what I can show/tell you. It is a twin turbo powerplant with upwards of 700hp though....
Gary what are you talking about, which car are you saying you build? The CTR3 in Pfaffenhausen or in Bahrain? I saw the first car the "prototype", it's more of a flat silver metallic. Most if not everyone here knows the specs of the CTR3 as it's been around for some time now.
tetzlafh is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM
  #67  
turboGary
User
 
turboGary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 370
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tetzlafh View Post
Gary what are you talking about, which car are you saying you build? The CTR3 in Pfaffenhausen or in Bahrain? I saw the first car the "prototype", it's more of a flat silver metallic. Most if not everyone here knows the specs of the CTR3 as it's been around for some time now.
I work for the company who is contracted to built the rolling chassis of the CTR3 production cars. I personally made many components of the car including the integrated roof roll bar. It is a very involved process to make these cars. Every part of the car is hand made to fit with extensive fixturing. The cars leave our plant in a crate to Bahrain with all C/F body parts seperately wraped where RUF assembles them adding their engine, suspension etc.

The very first car you speak of was mock up and not true to the production cars in many ways. It lacks the detail and engineering of the production ones. There are many billet cnc machined parts where they were steel in the firt attempt. There was a display model which was identical to the production ones at the official release and the whole car was covered in clear coat to show the carbon fiber weave and how it flowed all the same along the car. It was on a display stand tilted on an angle so yo ucould see several sides at once.
turboGary is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
  #68  
niche
Super User
 
niche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

niche is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
  #69  
nicu
User
 
nicu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

cover
Attached Images  
nicu is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
  #70  
niche
Super User
 
niche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 3,339
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Sweet!!
niche is offline  
Old 11-29-2008, 03:15 AM
  #71  
leonsamonas
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, uk
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nicu View Post
maybe you guys should hear Leon's (Rt12) side of the story,and BTW not all Rt12s are identical in specs and performance

the rt12 was much faster that day, on another run (not filmed) it completely spanked the cgt!! on this run i would say that toby (twichy foot cos he got spanked the last time) must have had at least 10 car lengths head start !! honestly that film really doesnt represent a fair match of the two cars, the rt12 has far superior torque and hp so will out accellerate the cgt from standstill and also at the higher speeds.

sorry toby but it is what it is !
leonsamonas is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 06:57 AM
  #72  
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
TB993tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by leonsamonas View Post
the rt12 was much faster that day, on another run (not filmed) it completely spanked the cgt!! on this run i would say that toby (twichy foot cos he got spanked the last time) must have had at least 10 car lengths head start !! honestly that film really doesnt represent a fair match of the two cars, the rt12 has far superior torque and hp so will out accellerate the cgt from standstill and also at the higher speeds.

sorry toby but it is what it is !
True to form your ego is getting in the way of any technical discussion

The throttle response of the CGT is such that if you lined up your RT12 and a CGT doing 30mph in second gear and booted them both at the same time the CGT would leap ahead, bit like in the vid but obviously you were too busy looking at yourself in your rear view to notice I had gone - the RT12 would catch up and pass and as you say a lot sooner than in the vid but NA throttle response of the CGT cannot be replicated by a turbo motor

TBH for me the CGT is just too throttle responsive to the point of being dangerous, I like a bit of turbo lag to give time to prepare for the torque onslaught !
TB993tt is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
  #73  
leonsamonas
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, uk
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Toby,

u make me laugh !! funny how i haven't seen you since

Last edited by leonsamonas; 12-10-2008 at 12:57 PM.
leonsamonas is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
  #74  
leonsamonas
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, uk
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

ps just about to order the CTR 3, do you fancy a fresh N/A vs Turbo challenge ?
leonsamonas is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 AM
  #75  
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
TB993tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by leonsamonas View Post
ps just about to order the CTR 3, do you fancy a fresh N/A vs Turbo challenge ?
CGT went early in '08 - after the hammering you gave it with your RT12

Am hoping to tune the inbound GT2 to a decent number but TBH the state of the Euro and general economy is not filling me with enthusiasm for dropping major ££££££ on upgrades - I always enjoy you putting me in my place so will keep in touch
TB993tt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RUF CTR3


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: