Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does the poll on the left surprise you

guys too?

http://www.autoweek.com/
Old 04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

Yes, a pleasant surprise. I expected the average respondent to automatically go for the most expensive car.

Perhaps it is due to the phrasing of the question - you can only drive the cars until the wheels fall off, which might only be a few hundred miles in a Ferrari
Old 04-21-2005, 09:38 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

I didn't know what to expect, so I just voted for my car (really original, huh?).

When I saw the results, I was surprised by how big the lead was.

Then, after a little reflection on my past few outings, it started to make sense. I have never driven another car that received so many unsolicited comments from stop light onlookers as the CGT. By a factor of 10 to 1.

So, now that I've thought about it, I should have expected the result that appears in the poll.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

Too bad most of the respondents could not afford any of these cars. If that poll following equated to demand, then market price for the CGT would climb.

I'm pleased to see the great number of fellow owners dashing the press reports on the clutch. That too created some softness in demand.

Its good to be in it for the love of performance and engineering excellence. This is pain ointment for the $50K I left on the table.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:33 PM
CO997
Racer

I picked the C-GT as well, but didn't expect it's lead to be so big. I was suprised to see that there were not more people wanting the Lambo, especially over the SLR
Old 04-23-2005, 02:23 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Of course I picked the CGT and I was not surprized that it was in the lead after seeing a couple of them in person and talking to people that own them I can see why its in the lead. My next choice on the list though woul dhave to be the MC12. That car looks really cool

Brandon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: does the poll on the left surprise you