Sponsored by:

What should i pay

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:44 PM
quickburn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i pay

for a new carrera GT. WE ordered it 2 years ago and the dealer has the huge deposit for it. Its an individual color interior. Dealer is telling me msrp. Is that reasonable or should i try and negotiate the price of the car?
Thanks again in advance!
Old 04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by quickburn
for a new carrera GT. WE ordered it 2 years ago and the dealer has the huge deposit for it. Its an individual color interior. Dealer is telling me msrp. Is that reasonable or should i try and negotiate the price of the car?
Thanks again in advance!
given you ordered the individual color interior, they'll probably tell you to go fish, keep your $50k+ deposit, and resell it - unless the interior is over the top in which case you might have some luck.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I guess it depends on whether you want "your" car, and if your total contract price is acceptable to you. If not, perhaps you will find one equipped not quite the way you like, at a lower price. Only you can weigh those differences.

Last edited by Alfie; 04-12-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:19 PM
DMin
Instructor

quickburn

Personally I think you ought to try and get the car for the MSRP without the upcharge for the custom interior (i.e. $448,300).

That's what I am going to try to do when mine gets here. I have purchased several cars from the dealer (has a Porsche and M-B dealership in the same "lot") so they consider me a "good" customer.

By the way, what was the custom color interior that you ordered?

D. Min
Tulsa, OK
Old 04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quickburn & DMin
I'm in the same situation that you both are in.Absolutly negotiate everytime. Originaly mine was a Oct '05 build, now to be a June '05 build. Deposit was 50K early in'03, Seal/ Ascot no other mods except Mats. I also have purchased several Porsche & MBs from the dealership. I'm expecting that my "Good Customer Standing" with the dealer will enable me to "Re" negotiate the deal on the CGTat somewhat less than MSRP. Problem is that its not easy to walk away from 50K unless you can find a deal on a new '05 for much less than 400K, assuming that I loose the entire deposit .If I get my deposit back then I like "ben in lj's" deal at 414k-416k. Good luck
Old 04-12-2005, 08:42 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hyroller
.If I get my deposit back then I like "ben in lj's" deal at 414k-416k. Good luck
depends how bad you want seal/ascot (the colors on mine as well) because yours will only be the 2nd one after mine i've thus far seen or heard of with that combo. most of them are GT silver.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
quickburn
Track Day

Default hey guys!!

we have bought more then 6 cars from this dealership so we do have a "preffered" customer standing. The car like yours was built later then expected because Porsche took a long time to approve the individual color combo.
Black on boxter red is the color. From what i hear its the first in that combo in the US.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
DMin
Instructor

quickburn

That sounds like a really good color combination. Be sure to post some pics, whether or not you actually end up taking the one you ordered.

I got mine ordered with GT Silver exterior and Flamenco Red interior. That particular red is more maroonish in color, at least according to the leather samples at the dealer.

Man, I am worried that the car is going to come in with some horrible orangish-bright red color due to some internal snafu.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default ben in lj

Ben,Seal/Ascot is my prefered combo. Only two of that flavor in the whole of the No.American Continent,that's really surprising! With all the documented price info online about the CGT,there should be enough ammo to secure a better deal come delivery time. Soon be time to put on my best negotiating face with my local freindly Porsche dealer.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:31 PM
quickburn
Track Day

Default thanks Dmin

not sure how many other black on red carrera GT there are in the US if any. I will take pics of the car..I am almost certain right now that we will buy the car.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:49 PM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question Quickburn

Sounds like a beautiful combo. When is your build date?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:46 AM
quickburn
Track Day

Default was built 2 weeks ago

and is now waiting for packaging and the boat.
Anyway to track the boat or the car through the shipping process?
I know BMW offers that not sure if porsche does with the CGT.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:21 AM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Arrow quickburn

Check with your dealer. He will be able to give you latest status on your CGT. However I found out that PAG does not constantly update their computer data. My '05 Cay TT just arrived a week ahead of PAG's schedule.Computer said car was off vessle, in fact the car was at my dealer going though PDI. Surprise!!!

Quick Reply: What should i pay