Sponsored by:

How long?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:34 PM
DMin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long?

My dealer was told that my C-GT has been built. At this point, how long does it take for the car to be freighted (not air freight) and then make its way to the dealer in Oklahoma?

Ballpark estimates are fine, I am just very excited and eager.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine took about three weeks by ocean freight and then InterCity to Ohio.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Originally Posted by DMin
My dealer was told that my C-GT has been built. At this point, how long does it take for the car to be freighted (not air freight) and then make its way to the dealer in Oklahoma?

Ballpark estimates are fine, I am just very excited and eager.
DMin - Our cars may wind up on the same InterCity Transport. According to a Monday update on the Porsche Order system, my car is complete also. If you hear any news, pass it along. What color scheme and options did you pick? Mine is GT Silver w/Terracotta, and I splurged on a set of floormats (for $580, the cheapest CGT option available). I can't wait to take delivery and hear that engine again!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:14 AM
DMin
Instructor

1958-

Congratulations on your new purchase!

I ordered mine in GT Silver, but I did splurge on the interior. I ordered a custom leather in Flamenco Red. It's more maroonish/burgundy, and I like the classic combination of silver and dark red.

If I hear anything, I'll let you know. Man, it's going to be a long 4-6 weeks.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:17 PM
DMin
Instructor

1958-

My dealer informed be just today that my car is OTB (on the boat). He estimates 2-3 weeks at this point. Not sure what this means for you, but I just thought I'd update you.

D.Min
Tulsa, OK
Old 04-11-2005, 11:28 PM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

1958-

My dealer informed be just today that my car is OTB (on the boat). He estimates 2-3 weeks at this point. Not sure what this means for you, but I just thought I'd update you.
D -

The status as of today is "CMPPRD", meaning "completed production", and a VIN has been assigned to the car. My guess is that you'll have yours about two weeks before mine arrives. By the way, I noticed that PCNA sold 36 CGT's in March, for a grand total of 275 North American CGT's. It'll be interesting to find out how many are finally made, and how many wind up in the US.

Let me know when yours arrives, I want to hear about your first driving impressions!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:42 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 465 Likes on 313 Posts

Congrats men.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

DMin -

Any news on the arrival of your car? Mine is still listed as "On the Vessel", so I'm probably looking at another two weeks. As driving season hits full stride, the anticipation is killing me.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:05 PM
DMin
Instructor

The computer reports that the car is at the port. So really any day now!

I'm dying here as well. To appease myself (and annoy my salesperson) I've been driving around the new Boxster S and C2S Cab.

D. Min
Tulsa, OK
Old 05-10-2005, 11:00 AM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Default Is it here?

DMin -

Did your supercar arrive yet? I expect and hope that it has, so it'll probably take a few days for you to respond - or some wet weather! When you get a chance, please let me know your first driving impressions of your new CGT.

Thanks,
Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 PM
DMin
Instructor

You are correct, the car arrived today. I was able to greet the Intercity Lines truck at the dealer to watch the unloading process.

Here are some pics:

The interior is a custom order in Flamenco Red.

I have not taken delivery yet as I am still working on negotiating a price. I did take it for a short drive around the parking lot (I couldn't work up the nerve to take it around town yet, since the car isn''t mine as of yet and I am only in the process of arranging insurance for it).

I will say that the clutch was absolutely no problem. I started the first few times by gently easing it out without any throttle, and the last few times I added a bit of throttle. I was not on a hill, however, which I am sure would significantly complicate matters. The head Porsche technician and I did go for a joyride (with him at the wheel) and all I can say is WOW, the acceleration is phenomenal. There is a lot of gearbox noise, particularly in lower gears, which I had read about in some magazine articles.

I am very excited to finally take formal delivery of the car, hopefully in a week or two (also re-arranging some financial matters to appease the fiance).
Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is a lot of gearbox noise, particularly in lower gears, which I had read about in some magazine articles.
actually it's in all gears from say 1500 to 2100 RPMs - when the clutch is disengaged.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
CO997
Racer

That red interior looks fantastic! Congrats on the car. If you have more interior pics please post them!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:01 AM
1958 Convertible D
Advanced

Default That's a nice red!

DMin -

Congratulations on the arrival!!!

I like the look of the Flaminco Red with the GT Silver. Post more pics when you have a chance, if possible with the tops off and showing both the interior and exterior. My opinion is that the $15.5K for the custom leather was worth it, and it sounds like you might be getting the car below MSRP to boot!!! Nice!

My car has been at the port for a week. According to your timetable of about 14 days from boat docking to Intercity delivery, I should see mine by the end of next week.

Thanks also for the info about the clutch. It's good to have multiple confirmations that this is a non-issue. I wonder if there was a problem with early CGT clutches (as some have proposed), or if the fault was in people assuming that the CGT should be just as driveable as any other Porsche. After having several rides in the car at Leipzig, it was apparent that the CGT is a street legal race car, not a luxury sports car that can also be driven on a track.

Anyway, congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing about your first ride in the car with your bethrothed!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

14 days from port to delivery, eh? that would be nice since a friend of mines black one hit the port on 5/4. but, the dealership said their last one took a month from port.

Quick Reply: How long?