Sponsored by:

Aux input

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Aux input

Has anybody used the aux input on the CGT head unit? The manual says it has one, and you need a pig tail (available from dealer) to hook it up.

I did get the SD/MMC card to work for mp3 audio. That's pretty cool.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:20 AM
themarsman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read about the AUX input, I think I may have to read the manual on the radio. I will look and see what connectors are needed and make up a cable, if you want I can make you one also.

I made a CD with MP3's on it and it works great in the car, it has about 180 songs on the CD. This is good because that CD player is very difficult to load / unload.

Has anyone tried the built in phone? My phone doesn't have one of those cards to use but my wife's does so I will have to plug it in one time and see how it works.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by themarsman
I didn't read about the AUX input, I think I may have to read the manual on the radio. I will look and see what connectors are needed and make up a cable, if you want I can make you one also.

I made a CD with MP3's on it and it works great in the car, it has about 180 songs on the CD. This is good because that CD player is very difficult to load / unload.

Has anyone tried the built in phone? My phone doesn't have one of those cards to use but my wife's does so I will have to plug it in one time and see how it works.
Yes, please let me know if you find out anything, or you make a cable. I had to laugh when I saw where the CD is located!

Btw, my iPod with iTrip works pretty well in it. Not all vehicles are iTrip friendly.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray G
Has anybody used the aux input on the CGT head unit? The manual says it has one, and you need a pig tail (available from dealer) to hook it up.

I did get the SD/MMC card to work for mp3 audio. That's pretty cool.
very cool to hear you got your CGT Ray! tell us about the colors, etc! when did you get it? how many miles have you gotten to use it and what do you think about it so far?
Old 03-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by ben in lj
very cool to hear you got your CGT Ray! tell us about the colors, etc! when did you get it? how many miles have you gotten to use it and what do you think about it so far?
Thanks, Ben. My car was delivered last Wednesday - it was a new one directly from the port. It's Basalt Black with dark grey interior. I love that color combo - it looks very aggressive. I only have about 120 miles on it so far. My first outing was in heavy traffic, so I got to practice with the clutch a lot! I'm getting the hang of it. I'm surprised how much tranny noise there is under low loads. It's also pretty snug inside, considering how big it is on the outside.

I did get to play with it at high speeds out in the countryside. Simply amazing. It's very stable and flat in corners. It has a ton more grip than my Stradale. I can see how you were able to lap Stradales easily in this thing. I can't wait to do some track days with it!

The icing on the cake is that I can enter and exit my driveway just fine! (I recently purchased the house specifically with the CGT in mind.)
Attached Images   
Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 AM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

themarsman,
Thanks for the tip on CD with MP3s. (So simple. Why didn't I think of that?)

Ray,
Now, I have to remember where the SD card goes.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
themarsman,
Thanks for the tip on CD with MP3s. (So simple. Why didn't I think of that?)

Ray,
Now, I have to remember where the SD card goes.
GoFast, the SD card is just below the CD opening.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:32 PM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Congrats Ray. Drive it in the best of health. The Basalt black is a Beautiful color. Did you decide and which car it's replacing. Is it gonna be the Stradale or the Spider? Ahhh, life's too short, keep them all.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car Ray!

The noise below 2000 ish is exactly the same as was my 911 with the light weight flywheel. It's one of the several reasons the CGT revs so amazingly fast.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:17 AM
themarsman
Racer

I looked in the owners manual and saw where they mentioned needing the cable, but I don't see where it would connect. I also looked through all of the technical manuals I have on the car and I don't see any mention of the Aux input.

If anyone has any idea where the connector is located I should be able to figure out how to interface to it.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:31 AM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by themarsman
I looked in the owners manual and saw where they mentioned needing the cable, but I don't see where it would connect. I also looked through all of the technical manuals I have on the car and I don't see any mention of the Aux input.

If anyone has any idea where the connector is located I should be able to figure out how to interface to it.
I'm guessing there is a port on the back of the radio head unit where the cable plugs in. Do you have the little key-like tools for removing the becker radios? I do, but I'm not sure if they work on the unit in the CGT. I'll have to try it later.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by AmirGT2
Congrats Ray. Drive it in the best of health. The Basalt black is a Beautiful color. Did you decide and which car it's replacing. Is it gonna be the Stradale or the Spider? Ahhh, life's too short, keep them all.
Amir,

I sold my Stradale after tracking it hard all last summer. It's a very cool car, but I didn't really like the F1 paddle shifter. I like to heel-n-toe I also really like convertibles, so I kept the spider.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:50 AM
themarsman
Racer

I'm guessing there is a port on the back of the radio head unit where the cable plugs in. Do you have the little key-like tools for removing the becker radios? I do, but I'm not sure if they work on the unit in the CGT. I'll have to try it later.
I thought it might be on the back of the radio and no I don't have that tool, I guess I might have to find out what the dealer wants to install the cable.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

I did get the SD/MMC card to work for mp3 audio.
Hi Ray,

I have a 1GB SD card for a camera. The Online Pro manual says the media slot is for MMC cards. I'm wondering if the slot will work with the SD card I have.

Did you use a true MMC card, or were you able to use an SD card?

Last edited by W8MM; 03-29-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Ray G
Pro

Originally Posted by W8MM
Hi Ray,

I have a 1GB SD card for a camera. The Online Pro manual says the media slot is for MMC cards. I'm wondering if the slot will work with the SD card I have.

Did you use a true MMC card, or were you able to use an SD card?
I used a 64MB SD card that I had in my Palm Tungsten T3. From what I can tell, the SD and MMC cards are usually compatible.

Quick Reply: Aux input