Aux input

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray G
I used a 64MB SD card that I had in my Palm Tungsten T3. From what I can tell, the SD and MMC cards are usually compatible.
Ray,

Thanks so much for the info. I suspected that SD cards might work, but they're not guaranteed to work in MMC slots. The other way around is guaranteed to work. So, ... I guess we got lucky.

Or, maybe, the Becker engineers are just smart about not making weird specifications for thier stuff.

I got the car phone to work without any fussing around first try. The only drawback so far with the car phone is that I can't seem to figure out how to send individual touch tones. I'm trying to jerry-rig a way to check for voice messages. I'm sort of surprised that Becker didn't include this feature since it is a standard part of every GSM phone I've ever used. Or, maybe, I just haven't read the right part of the manual or stumbled accross the right menu yet.

Maybe some recent 997 customers that ordered the car phone with the SIM slot have an insight into this. Perhaps the 997 and Carrera GT built-in GSM phones are similar enough to have some cross-over in features. Who knows?

Cheers,
Old 03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

I love the car in black. Great choice! Did you pay MSRP or less?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
I love the car in black. Great choice! Did you pay MSRP or less?
I did pay under MSRP, but not by a huge amount (given the price of this car). My local dealer sourced a new one for me by trading a future CGT allocation with another dealer. They did a great job.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Ray G
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themarsman
I thought it might be on the back of the radio and no I don't have that tool, I guess I might have to find out what the dealer wants to install the cable.
The radio head unit doesn't use the key-like tools for removal. My service guy says they have to remove the center part of the dash to get at the back of the unit. Sounds like a lot of work to me. He is researching it (contacting Porsche) to figure out what needs to be done. I'll post when I find out anything new.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 807 Likes on 372 Posts

Bringing this old chestnut to the top.

Has anyone successfully done the aux yet?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did anyone do this ?

also my cgt does not read my sd cards .
Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wtdoom
also my cgt does not read my sd cards .
My CGT "seems" to read SD cards, but there is a weird issue with the sound system that I thought was heat related.

When I travel for a long distance (over an hour or two) the sound system seems to lock up and quit playing mp3 files. Of course, if one wants to hear tunes while driving 70-80 mph, the volume needs to be cranked up. All of a sudden, the sounds stop and no amount of messing around will help. Then, if one starts from the first sound file, things go back to normal, for a while. Sometimes, the problem seemed to be with a particular song file, where the system would play any songs up to a certain one in the list, but no further.

Nothing was ever found to be wrong with the audio equipment. I now wonder if using an SD card instead of an MMC card is the problem.

I just ordered a 2GB MMC memory card ($15) to load with tunes to see if this will fix it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by W8MM
My CGT "seems" to read SD cards, but there is a weird issue with the sound system that I thought was heat related.

When I travel for a long distance (over an hour or two) the sound system seems to lock up and quit playing mp3 files. Of course, if one wants to hear tunes while driving 70-80 mph, the volume needs to be cranked up. All of a sudden, the sounds stop and no amount of messing around will help. Then, if one starts from the first sound file, things go back to normal, for a while. Sometimes, the problem seemed to be with a particular song file, where the system would play any songs up to a certain one in the list, but no further.

Nothing was ever found to be wrong with the audio equipment. I now wonder if using an SD card instead of an MMC card is the problem.

I just ordered a 2GB MMC memory card ($15) to load with tunes to see if this will fix it.
please keep us posted , im desperate to have mp3 files in cgt . i need it for euro trips , it would be good to keep the disc player free for the sat nav .

Quick Reply: Aux input