Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need to share an experience with the CGT

Old 02-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh I forgot. with a Porsche tester 2 you can read the revs and anything else you want, so you have some evidence.

Konstantin
Old 02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Konstantin,

I would very much like to see this guy buried for his actions, but I do not think Ben has a strong case against him. Before I go any further, I am not a lawyer.

IIRC, Ben did not sign a contract with the shop owner or have a jointly signed record of the odometer reading at drop-off and pickup. Without any of that, it becomes an issue of Ben's word against the shop owner's. What damage was done to the vehicle as a result of this unauthorized test drive? If there were no damages, what can Ben charge in a suit? Unauthorized use? OK, fine, then the question still remains, what are the damages?

I know that the PST2 can read the revs and other parameters, but I don't know if it will display the exact time and date an over-rev or other issue occurred? If it does not, Ben will have a difficult time trying to prove that any info shown on the PST2 is from the unauthorized use of his vehicle.

Greg A

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need to share an experience with the CGT