Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960 (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960-112/)
-   -   Visit to Symbolic Motors today (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960/172318-visit-to-symbolic-motors-today.html)

Mongo 11-28-2004 06:09 PM

Visit to Symbolic Motors today

Hey guys, I took some pix of the Carrera GT that's available for sale at Symbolic Motors in La Jolla, CA. They're asking about $430,000 for her....hmmm I wonder if they'll take houses on trade :roflmao:

Enjoy... :thumbsup:

DMin 11-28-2004 07:02 PM

$430,000? That's very good news for those of us considering purchase.

I signed a contract with my dealer that sets the purchase price of the vehicle at the average selling price of the 10 most recently sold cars in the East Coast, West Coast and Midwest. They initially did that to prevent reselling the car for a profit, and now it looks like I may come out of this smelling like a rose if the price drops below MSRP.

ben in lj 11-28-2004 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by DMin
$430,000? That's very good news for those of us considering purchase.

I signed a contract with my dealer that sets the purchase price of the vehicle at the average selling price of the 10 most recently sold cars in the East Coast, West Coast and Midwest. They initially did that to prevent reselling the car for a profit, and now it looks like I may come out of this smelling like a rose if the price drops below MSRP.

LOL, SPR and me were there yesterday too :-) That car is #80 and is the local car that got the $130k smack job in the rear. (and it's $435k asking)

How can a new Pcar dealer sell you a new one much below MSRP if their cost is only $25k under MSRP?

Sobe 11-28-2004 08:03 PM

s the local car that got the $130k smack job in the rear.
:eek:

Blue S2 11-28-2004 08:51 PM

Wow, a room full of Lambos! Funny how the CGT can look almost peaceful and boring next to the Lambos. That Murcie Roadster is wild. Its strange to see such a large inventory of Lambos though. I thought they didn't normally recieve inventory until deposits and orders were confirmed. I can only think of one or two other dealerships that have such huge amounts of NEW italian inventory.

Maybe things are changing with Audi money backing them?

DMin 11-29-2004 08:43 AM

Aaahhh! The infamous C-GT!

I guess that makes sense then. I thought that I saw posted somewhere that the MSRP was $410,000. Regardless, the MSRP is a moving target given the fact that the actual MSRP would have to be defined in Euros, and the dollar is very weak right now against the Euro.

W8MM 11-29-2004 10:05 AM

MSRP for the Carrera GT in the USA is, and always has been, $440,000 plus freight and gas guzzler fees.

The European price is, and always has been, Eur 390,000 plus country specific taxes.

Eur 390,000 = US$516,400 (as of this morning according to Bloomberg.com)

US customers are getting a superb deal compared to the Euro price at the moment. When the Carrera GT was being shopped to prospective customers by the US dealer network, the shoe was on the other foot and Eur 390,000 was closer to US$325,000.

By the time the CGT was officially introduced at the 2003 Geneva car show, the price had been fixed at $440,000 as a result of Porsche needing to purchase US$ hedges from the curreny trading markets for the entire production run of the Carrera GT.

ben in lj 11-29-2004 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by DMin
Aaahhh! The infamous C-GT!

I guess that makes sense then. I thought that I saw posted somewhere that the MSRP was $410,000. Regardless, the MSRP is a moving target given the fact that the actual MSRP would have to be defined in Euros, and the dollar is very weak right now against the Euro.

MSRP has always been $448.3 ($440 + frieght *more if air freighted* and gas guz tax) in the US. (mine is sitting on my desk). Porsche has hedged for currency fluctuation thru mid 07.

CP 11-29-2004 12:24 PM

Hi Stig,

You changed your avatar. :crying: :crying:

I love your 'Shell Girl' one. Thanks for the memories.

CP

Mongo 11-29-2004 01:36 PM

yea CP I did, I may change it back later, I only did it because I got this pic from a really steamy music video I saw online yesterday. :evilgrin:

$140,000 repair or not on that CGT, absolutely EVERYTHING was replaced (not repaired) that was damaged in the rear of that car. I saw it at Pioneer before the repair and it looked BAD :eek:

DMin 11-29-2004 01:44 PM

Ooops I misspoke. I meant $410,000 for invoice price, not MSRP.

UDPride 11-29-2004 07:57 PM

The only downside I can see in owning a car like the C-GT is service and repair. If you drive up to a random Porsche dealer and ask for a 15,000 mile service, they will look at you like you are punch drunk and playing a joke on them. Theres only a few qualified places in the whole country fit to work on them. If Im not mistaken the C-GT John Dixon has here in Dayton had to be delivered in Cincinnati because White Allen Porsche in Dayton (which hes done gazillions in business through) did not have a qualified mechanic who was allowed to accept the car into dealer-lot and perform an inspection on it before signing off in the saleability of it. Tifo might want to correct anything I said that was not accurate.

I have a buddy in Dallas who used to live in San Diego. Actually flew to Dallas way back when (coincidence) to pick up #51 Dodge Viper when they came out. He eventually sold it and went with a C5. He tells me all the time service on it was a total nightmare because nobody at Dodge had a clue as to what to do. They didnt have service manuals, trained mechanics, never had parts, etc etc. So he sold it. I can only imagine with C-GT.

Thats why every able bodied person should own two. So when one is in the shop, you still have something to go to the Piggly Wiggly in.

BC 11-29-2004 08:38 PM

Which video Stig?

GoFastKindaGuy 11-29-2004 08:58 PM

I know of at least two certified CGT mechanics here in Wisconsin: one at Zimbrick in Madison and another at International Autos in Milwaukee. I'd be surprised if Concours in Milwaukee is not trained also. I was told a dealer service tech must go to CGT-specific training a month before taking first delivery.

The two mechanics I know are the most highly respected in their respective dealerships. CGT service may be expensive, but I doubt it will be poor. But who knows; so far, I've just been driving.

Now, its Fall and my two exotics are in hibernation until Spring :(

ben in lj 11-29-2004 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheStig
yea CP I did, I may change it back later, I only did it because I got this pic from a really steamy music video I saw online yesterday. :evilgrin:

$140,000 repair or not on that CGT, absolutely EVERYTHING was replaced (not repaired) that was damaged in the rear of that car. I saw it at Pioneer before the repair and it looked BAD :eek:

It doesn't matter. Any (exotic) car which undergoes damage = to 1/3 of it's value is going to experience permanent diminished value even if God himself did the repairs.