Sponsored by:

Carrera GT @ Downtown LA Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Chris Y.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera GT @ Downtown LA Porsche

Went down to Downtown L.A. Porsche... They have a Silver CGT...

I offered $480k....the sales guy flat out said "no"... Gave me some BS, about how that does cover tax, licencing, etc...

BTW, those guys weren't very nice....

Just want to let u guys know...in case anyone else is interested.

-Chris Y.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

I can understand their hostility. They or their client are stuck with a car which is not commanding price wise anything more than sticker. In 6 months they will be lucky to get that.

BTW, if you are a serious buyer why not buy the silver CGT in FL. for sticker with 100 miles delivered two weeks ago?
Old 08-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Chris Y.
Racer

Thanks Nick...

I happen to be in Los Angeles, and heard from a few people that this car was available. I dropped by and decided to at least ask how much they wanted. First, they give me this..."Are you just curious...or are u really interested?" I said, for the right money, I'm serious. He first said, $500k. I said..."no..I'm outta here" I said to my friend. The sales guy stopped and said to give him a second. He went to his sales manager and he came to meet me. He asked what I was willing to pay...i said, "$480k...I'll cut u a cashier's check tomorrow." He said, "no..." I left the store.

I think that car is going to be there for a while...unless some sucker comes in with $500k. Even $480, I admit is a bit much for the CGT in this market.

I'll look into the Silver CGT in Florida.

-Chris
Old 08-20-2004, 09:22 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Got to see my first CGT in person today at Downtown L.A., including listening to a few revs (very, very sweet ) and sitting in the thing. As nice or better in person than in photos.

BTW, they are nice guys at Downtown, you just have to know them. If anyone is serious about buying this one, PM me (no affiliation, just a long time customer).
Attached Images   
Old 08-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Chris Y.
Racer

Jim...

Yup...that's the car. I'm sure they are nice people...but Roger (the sales manager) really wasn't going to budge from his position of $500k. I have a car coming in 3 months in Hawaii for MSRP...so I'm not worried. You picking that car up?

I drove by, saw the car...and if they were willing to see around MSRP, I'd get it. But if not...that's fine. No hard feelings...They're in the business to make money...right?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:31 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Actually they have had some personnel changes lately and Roger is a new guy I don't know. I'm not getting the GT - unfortunately a little too rich for my blood. I do think I can make it happen for you if you want it.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT @ Downtown LA Porsche