Sponsored by:

carrera gt in north scottsdale

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 02:31 PM
e.t.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry carrera gt in north scottsdale

I came across this while surfing the other day...

I think it's a nice car, even at the $470,000 MSRP...

but I think the dealer has crossed the line by asking $799,000 to buy. A cool million out the door. I think that's pretty sad.
The not so talkative salesman also said it was the only one in North America. That doesn't seem true either.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:53 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If somebody pays that price, I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean, if I was a dealer I'd markup the crap outta that car if I could get somebody to buy it at that stupid price. There's a C-GT here in Woodland Hills for sale on consignment at Auto Gallery for a cool $200,000 over sticker.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:57 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Carrera GT

These dealer's that aren't happy making their usual percentage....F...em!
I'm getting real tired of every really interesting car being upcharged because they are desirable. You expect that from some after-buyers. But to get that s... from an authorized Porsche dealer is disgusting. I really don't understand how Porsche doesn't clamp down on these dealerships.
Ferrari certainly does. Ferrari dealers can resell cars used cars at above MSRP but not new cars .
We have a local dealer here in Florida asking $900,000 for the CGT!
Old 05-09-2004, 10:04 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"These dealer's that aren't happy making their usual percentage....F...em!"

actually they are making under 5% on the CGT vs. their normal 16% to 18%. that doesn't mean i condone this type of bs. it's precisely this type of crap that has kept me from ever buying an f-car. i refuse to pay over MSRP and i very rarely pay MSRP (this CGT will be the first - and probably last - time ever).

"Ferrari certainly does. Ferrari dealers can resell cars used cars at above MSRP but not new cars ."

they do it all the time. they just call em "used" after they have a couple miles on em and trade em between customer and dealer and dealer to dealer. benz (and just about all others) do this as well to get around it.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:50 PM
e.t.
Advanced

maybe my math is off but 5% mark up on 470,000 is 493,500.
even at 20% mark up is 564,000.
$799,000 is a 70% mark up!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:35 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

if a dealer sells a 996 at MSRP, (s)he gets 15% to 18% of that MSRP. if a dealer sells a $440k CGT at MSRP, (s)he gets slightly under 5% of that MSRP. hence, dealers are not "making their usual percentage...".
Old 05-10-2004, 04:14 AM
e.t.
Advanced

sorry, thanks for clearing that up
Old 05-10-2004, 09:08 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the dealer is unhappy with the smaller percentage...isn't that just too bad? After all, don't we all deal with less than ideal situations in business but we keep to a certain standard because we have (pardon the expression) INTEGRITY?

If the dealers are unhappy with their situation, let them discuss this with Porsche and change it. Truth be told, Porsche doesn't really care enough to want to change it and the dealers know that. They (the dealers) take things in their own hands and extract as many dollars as they can on certain car sales.

I too promised I will never pay more than MSRP for any vehicle. That's why I have been on the "waiting list' at Ferrari for over 2 years for a new car.

Quick Reply: carrera gt in north scottsdale