Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park Place Dallas - Carrera GT Has Arrived!

Old 03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am completely convinced that the CGT is the best all around performance car on the planet, bar none. And at some point I am sure I will own one. I just could not go through with my order because I think it's vastly overpriced when new. I also think that 1200 cars is not an exclusive enough club for the car to hold it's value and after getting hammered on my 02 GT 2 I just can't swallow more depreciation. I believe Porsche built so many cars and priced them at that level to make a profit on the car and pay for the incredible technology they have invested. Which they have every right to do. However It seems to me they misjudged how close some competitiors would be in terms of performance by the CGT release date and therefore for a lot less one can get similiar performance. However no competitor in my view can match or even come close to the technology and quality of this CGT. Porsche really is just showing off to the rest of the world what they can do with a car if they want to. The car is truly amazing.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:02 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"Both of these guys are way off in their arrival estimates. According to PCNA, when a "June Production" slot is given, it will start production in June, and can take 3 months to complete the car. Plus shipping. So according to PCNA's training, a june production car wouldn't arrive until September/October."

They told me at the factory in Leipzig last Friday that my 8/4/04 start date will produce an 11/04 delivery.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Ben: Porsche has traditionally been shut down for most of August for worker vacation and model year changeover. If Leipzig follows the same schedule I doubt they'd make much progress on your car that month.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:26 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

that's a good point any maybe why it is going to take so long. then again, there is no changeover for the CGT and they use a very small portion of the leipzig factory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Park Place Dallas - Carrera GT Has Arrived!