Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
If I win lotto tonight ...

CARRERA GT Silver Spider 6 Speed Manual 5.7 litre V10 773 kms AU$1,650,000

I know silver is crazy common but dang I love the CGT in GT silver.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:22 PM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Larryf
Damn Jimmy, they even mention you in the ad for doing the major! That's the first I've ever seen! You're gonna need a publicist now..................................................................... ....

Haha, Thanks Larry! Just treating these cars right. Jimmy GT LLC coming soon
Old 08-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I am creating a database for sketchy cars...lots of unserviced cars out there. a few also have undisclosed accidents- for instance there is a red one that was crashed in Texas in 2008.

be careful and make sure you have good people to physically inspect them.
That would be a great service to the community.

Originally Posted by raclaims
Still the deal of the century...not sure why people prefer other colors to the "custom" GT silver though...maybe they just made more GT silver so that's why less asking?

I'll say it until i'm blue in the face, i cant for the life of me understand how this is not the same price as a 918. Frankly I wouldn't trade mine for a 918. Yes I realize I could then buy 2 CGTs but you get my point.
Simple supply & demand, there are a lot of GT Silver cars as you said. GT Silver is a very handsome color for the car, that's probably why so many were produced and sold!

Totally, but let's wait and see what happens with 918 vs. CGT prices in the future.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I know silver is crazy common but dang I love the CGT in GT silver.
Only around a dozen Carrera GT in Oz ,,,very rare they come on the market down under ,,,this one has sat in a collection for years ..
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

GT Silver is magnificent.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:29 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Nothing wrong with GT Silver CGT. They are just more pedestrian (just kidding)

Here is an article from Hagerty a few months back on the CGT color "preferences" and value. I would say the current market premium for rare standard colors (eg. basalt black) is about 100K compared to GT Silver.

Originally Posted by raclaims
Still the deal of the century...not sure why people prefer other colors to the "custom" GT silver though...maybe they just made more GT silver so that's why less asking?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:31 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

+1

Jimmy is famous now!

Originally Posted by Larryf
Damn Jimmy, they even mention you in the ad for doing the major! That's the first I've ever seen! You're gonna need a publicist now..................................................................... ....

Old 08-04-2018, 11:41 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
That would be a great service to the community.
We'll see how great people think it is- I have been compiling for 10+ years and it's not/ won't be free.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

I am not a big silver fan and I tend to think GT silver makes most GT's look BORING (911 GT's). My 997 gt2rs was silver on red and I always thought the color looked blah. On the CGT, it's my fav color, hands down. I wanted to buy a "color" Cgt when I first started looking but eventually I just got what my eye wanted and said to hell with scarcity. I didn't buy collector miles anyway.

CJ, looking forward to your Cgt data to be made available. If I ever buy/trade for another, I'll be more than happy to pay for it. Knowing history of these things is worth it's weight in gold.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unotaz
+1

Jimmy is famous now!
Jimmy worked on one of my Cgt recently and had the opportunity to meet him at NY Cgt rally recently (former car; i had two only briefly and not by design). I hear he is the Cgt guru. Great guy but I hope I don't need to see him anytime soon But I always say that to any mechanic, let alone on a Cgt. I don't know if it's correct to call someone a "mechanic" when they r one of the top names in the country to work on a car that looks like and built like a space ship? We'll stick with Cgt guru and pretty damn fast in a SY 996 turbo.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:36 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Is VAT added to MSRP unusual I have never seen that plus had no idea norm 7's and 8's.

Silver is the regal color - love my black silver.

7800 miles recently left dealer - never needed anything outside normal maint not sure how these cars were serviced or driven to require a 50K+ service.

Bought a second clutch just in case and my 28.5 reading has not budged in 3000 miles - in a year or two it will go visit Jimmy
Old 08-04-2018, 05:38 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Nothing wrong with GT Silver CGT. They are just more pedestrian (just kidding)

Here is an article from Hagerty a few months back on the CGT color "preferences" and value. I would say the current market premium for rare standard colors (eg. basalt black) is about 100K compared to GT Silver.
Unfortunately that is totally meaningless data for the most part. Not enough examples to be valid. And that is all auction data ... which is mostly BS anyway.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:02 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

We'll see how great people think it is- I have been compiling for 10+ years and it's not/ won't be free.
We have all the reported data and have recently shared some of it - didn't take ten years, took about a minute to download. Unreported repaints can easily be found on inspection as its hard to fully hide the paint lines on these bodies and as the paint is relatively thin and consistent excess paint stands out. Otherwise accident repairs are mostly reported because of the cost and/or police reports. So in truth there are not a lot of surreptitious accident cars (which again would be easy to spot on inspection).

As to unserviced ... that describes the majority of original owner sub 5,000 mile examples, of which there are many - w quite a few of those still on original tires! And these are the best cars. So just have to factor in the cost to get it done. Obviously a 5 owner car driven hard and never serviced is something else .. but again records (or lack thereof) would tell that tale.

Not sure what value a 10 year collection of that data is really worth or why anyone would pay for it?

If anyone wants to know what we have on a specific car just ask ...
Old 08-04-2018, 09:15 PM
bp95gsx
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 33 Posts

A healthy finders fee for anyone who finds me a high mile/story/unserviced car i close on.

Great thread people.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:44 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

I am creating a database for sketchy cars...lots of unserviced cars out there. a few also have undisclosed accidents- for instance there is a red one that was crashed in Texas in 2008.

be careful and make sure you have good people to physically inspect them.
I remember the bad F50's that I listened to people and passed on then again on F40's - they then all doubled tripled.

It just seems the great cars that have a sketchy past get put back together like Humpty Dumpty and voila it's called panache.

Quick Reply: prices on CGT?