Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prices on CGT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 AM
go-ran
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Mr Pors9 this is a car forum where most of us come to read and learn about the brand and car in question. You are cluttering this thread way too much with your information. . Good or bad its annoyin and it feels as if your over crowding the thread.

Start your own threads to spread information to gauge clients, but please for the life of me stop littering this thread so much. Count the amount of replys you have in here in the last 4-5 pages and if the answer isnt clear to you then hang up the hat.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:14 AM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
There is feature in RL that allows you to not see my posts ... since you seem to be personally bothered by my posts for some reason I suggest you use it. You'll feel better.
I hate to say, I think there are many others that find your oft combative nature off putting.

Not the best sales strategy IMHO, especially if your business model is (or is close to) as others say to convince people whose cars arent for sale, to sell their cars...
Old 10-18-2018, 08:25 AM
FLGT
Pro

Imagine getting a cold call about selling cars from your garage.

"Hello sir please don't hang up do I have an offer for you!"

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey

Exactly.
And , and oh, by the way, how did you get my name and number?
“From my proprietary database”

Old 10-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 17bhub
Pors9 I believe you have an interesting business model and do provide some interesting perspectives on the data you have compiled.

However, if anybody were to spend some time and follow some of your posts I believe your repetitive sharp tongue and defensive nature on many more than one thread is driving potential clients away and consequently, will be harmful to any business you may be trying to develop and/or expand.

Objectively, I will tell you that I spoke to you back in May about helping out on a search for a 911R and my perception was a little different then. However, your behavior over the past 4-5 months is indicative of the behavior that I could never find myself associating with nor could I reasonably recommend your services. I believe your statements are overly defensive, arrogant. I'm not offended by what you say but rather concerned you do not have solid ground on your self awareness. You may feel like you are winning the battle but you are losing the war. Why do I care...I do believe you have some good insight, you seem to be a pretty bright guy and I believe you can add value to the conversations but your poor behavior is drastically over shadowing your qualities.

Now if you model is that of a bad controversial talk show then maybe I have the wrong perception of what you are trying to develop.

Have you ever spoke the words you write out loud and truly listened to your self?

I would genuinely recommend that you re-read your posts from a purely objective point of view and ask yourself... Is the level of professionalism disseminated in these conversations representative of an individual I would consider associating or trusting my assets with. I believe you are burning some bridges with some good people both on business and individual level.

Of course all this is MY opinion and maybe I'm alone on an island with regard to my thoughts. Good Luck - sorry for the soap box talk....
Great post and completely agree.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Im pretty sure this has put him back with 30 40 50 CGT and high value porsche owners who frequent this forum? Small world and word does travel. Just a thought for the wise.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Mark I'll file your aggravated aggression with plenty of other garbage that I throw out Tuesday morning.

If you're going to attack angles of my business, you should try and be accurate. I don't have leverage on my Porsche store, McLaren store, or Audi store. I do have about 25-30% of my BMW store to pay off. Not that this is any of your business, but let's call facts facts.

It's a place of business, we sell stuff. But more importantly we provide customer service...you know with accountability- so when people get cars serviced or are upset about being stranded, we stand up and take it like a man. It's a tough business for sure but I work in a glass office and have nothing to hide. My motives are to grow the customer base, sell pre owned cars nationwide and have great accountability and great inventory. As with lots of other people, I've been ripped off or hosed by "experienced car guys" and I am doing it differently.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:01 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
If you're going to attack angles of my business, you should try and be accurate.

... and I am doing it differently.
Let's agree that both of these statements apply to both of us equally and end this nonsensical subtext and way off topic tangential sub-thread.

Here is my metaphor for nobody wins. Take it as a peace offering of sorts.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:07 PM
FLGT
Pro

Having bought, sold and traded cars to CJ, I can personally attest to his businesses' transparency and incredible ethic. I would try them first for any Porsche interests moving forward, and I have no skin in the game.
Pors9 - FWIW - having unfortunately read your posts on and off for some time, my opinion is different. As a site sponsor here, you might want to try a different tone in the future to earn people's business, as I suspect many feel similarly.

Last edited by FLGT; 10-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:42 PM
SSO
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
Having bought, sold and traded cars to CJ, I can personally attest to his businesses' transparency and incredible ethic. I would try them first for any Porsche interests moving forward, and I have no skin in the game.
Very well said.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:12 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
Pors9 - FWIW - having unfortunately read your posts on and off for some time, my opinion is different. As a site sponsor here, you might want to try a different tone in the future to earn people's business, as I suspect many feel similarly.
Completely agree.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:08 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Thinking about offering a two for one.

GT3RS Voo Doo 1900 miles 18w steels
Carrera GT 7600 miles 2nd owner every trinket recently at P dealer spent 7k new tires etc never engine out orig clutch 28.6 have a new spare clutch every single document trinket luggage etc,
Old 10-24-2018, 06:31 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

The car never had an engine out service in its life?

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Thinking about offering a two for one.

GT3RS Voo Doo 1900 miles 18w steels
Carrera GT 7600 miles 2nd owner every trinket recently at P dealer spent 7k new tires etc never engine out orig clutch 28.6 have a new spare clutch every single document trinket luggage etc,
Old 10-24-2018, 06:34 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

You may have edited your post but I believe you indicated you may offer the two for one to get into an italian SV example...I believe that would be a super bad move. I think you'll be flushing money away let alone the experience of both those cars. The CGT cannot be replaced that easily and I don't think an SV is going to tickle that itch very long. Just my opinion though. On the other hand I'm sure there are plenty of people that will be jumping at those vehicles! Chose wisely
Old 10-25-2018, 10:26 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
The car never had an engine out service in its life?
I looked forward to seeing it in parts since the day of purchase.

It's been sent to the local dealer and Louisville dealer to make sure they weren't missing something.

Keep in mind I bought a spare NOS clutch in anticipation.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Ahh, that's the "for 1" in the 2-for-1. Thought i was missing something.

Seems like you've wanted to dump the 991.1rs for a while. They are fun cars but not going up anytime soon; so u aren't leaving anything on the table. If it's not fun anymore, pretty easy to just hit a bid with local dealer and move on. The CGT is a harder car to buy and sell; the RS is just crossing fairly transparent wholesale/retail bid/ask.

Quick Reply: prices on CGT?