Sponsored by:

prices on CGT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
sterling and I have both retailed a few cars and so have merit partners.

we are seeing every single non silver car get sold within a few days or weeks and never hit the market. my customers have bought over almost 10 CGT's in the last 12 months. sometimes they are selling a 9k miler for a 2k miler. some guys are consolidating into them. other guys are grabbing a second car, some guys are selling bigger cars and looking at CGT vs F40 or similar cars and seeing 700k as a fair price for the specialness of the car.
I agree, there are quite a few owners these days with multiple Carrera GTs, or owners who buy a GT Silver car until the right rare color comes up, etc. The dedication to the model amongst those who have owned them really says something about the car, I think. Previous owners continue to come back for more.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:40 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isv

out of topic - can I ask if you're responsible for the sterlingsackey instagram posts as well? If so a few weeks ago you put up an old 2006 picture of a factory delivery polar cgt. Can I ask how you got that as I believe I own that car now so always interested in a bit of history if possible. Cheers.
Of course, that's me! That picture floated around one of the forums, maybe 6SpeedOnline or Rennlist. Unfortunately I don't know more about that example than you likely do - lovely car though and great to connect you with you!
Old 10-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pors9
Happily scooping up is an overstated over simplification. I think the volume of actual transactions is far below the number of cars that can be bought - inclusive of the best cars and worst cars. We can bring plenty of low mileage one owner CGT's to the table - but who will write the check they want, not so many.
Mark, there is no need to be argumentative for the sake of it, which is something we actually talked about a few months back over the phone upon attempting to do a deal with you.

I think part of the reason buyers will not write said checks is because the cars you are referencing are often not expressly for sale - rather, you are contacting your list of owners to ask them whether they would sell the car, and many are not enthusiastic about the idea, so they state an extraordinary number effectively ending the conversation.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:40 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Mark, there is no need to be argumentative for the sake of it, which is something we actually talked about a few months back over the phone upon attempting to do a deal with you.

I think part of the reason buyers will not write said checks is because the cars you are referencing are often not expressly for sale - rather, you are contacting your list of owners to ask them whether they would sell the car, and many are not enthusiastic about the idea, so they state an extraordinary number effectively ending the conversation.
If you think about what I write it is not argument, at most it is counterpoint - which apparently you don't like. I point out facts based upon verifiable data as well as personal experience - and when that can be appropriately shared I do so. What you and CJ have shared in terms of how you see the market is not in my opinion the market 'scooping them up' - at any level. You can have your opinions - I can have mine - that is not argument, it is expressing differing views. And on that note please sign up as a paid sponsor if you are going to promote your business on Rennlist - even surreptitiously - it's the right thing to do.

However more importantly, referencing (and even worse misrepresenting the context of) personal business conversations on an open public forum in order to gain some sort of credibility or discussion leverage (?? as I know no other reason why you would do it) - or for any reason at all for that matter - is both highly unprofessional and inappropriate. I can only chalk that up to professional inexperience. No one in any business would find that acceptable.

I wont comment or our business model which you have no clue about ... all I can say is that it works well enough that I have not been steering any business to you. And I add that your comment about it is also highly unprofessional and inappropriate for open public forum.

Sterling - I know you have not been in the business that long, but if you have something to say to me that involves our business(es) email me, give me call or even PM me - you should know better.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

If you think about what I write it is not argument, at most it is counterpoint - which apparently you don't like. I point out facts based upon verifiable data as well as personal experience - and when that can be appropriately shared I do so. What you and CJ have shared in terms of how you see the market is not in my opinion the market 'scooping them up' - at any level. You can have your opinions - I can have mine - that is not argument, it is expressing differing views. And on that note please sign up as a paid sponsor if you are going to promote your business on Rennlist - even surreptitiously - it's the right thing to do.

However more importantly, referencing (and even worse misrepresenting the context of) personal business conversations on an open public forum in order to gain some sort of credibility or discussion leverage (?? as I know no other reason why you would do it) - or for any reason at all for that matter - is both highly unprofessional and inappropriate. I can only chalk that up to professional inexperience. No one in any business would find that acceptable.

I wont comment or our business model which you have no clue about ... all I can say is that it works well enough that I have not been steering any business to you. And I add that your comment about it is also highly unprofessional and inappropriate for open public forum.

Sterling - I know you have not been in the business that long, but if you have something to say to me that involves our business(es) email me, give me call or even PM me - you should know better.
Interesting, to each his own.

I don't promote my business on this forum (I use FChat for that), although I enjoy the CGT discussion here. Some great back & forth in this thread.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:27 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Of course, that's me! That picture floated around one of the forums, maybe 6SpeedOnline or Rennlist. Unfortunately I don't know more about that example than you likely do - lovely car though and great to connect you with you!
ah got you, i was wondering if you had taken that picture being present when the then owner got his collected from the factory that's all. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Imagine getting a cold call about selling cars from your garage.

"Hello sir please don't hang up do I have an offer for you!"
Old 10-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isv

ah got you, i was wondering if you had taken that picture being present when the then owner got his collected from the factory that's all. Thanks.
I wish I had been.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Exactly.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:56 PM
pors9
Banned

Ok I'll play ...Imagine … the feeling that, the fools whose hubris caused them to establish ill-placed new b&m franchise dealer ops over the past five years in the middle of the hottest car market in decades fueled by a near zero interest rate environment, must have when they think about (in the face of the coming fierce competition from much smarter b&m dealer ops with decades in the biz) being crushed under the sheer weight of their debt burden when the sugar high is over and the next recession hits (2020?) … and their highly leveraged, high overhead, biz model lands them in the dust bin of franchise failures. If I was one of them I would not sleep at night, I’d be sweating the bed … I’d feel like the manager is walking to the mound after I blew the lead in the final game of the series.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:15 PM
pors9
Banned

Exactly.
Well then it seems the good news for you might be that, when it all doesn't work out for you, you can move to Illinois and sell used Hondas and Suburus for CJ .. seems to be what your business is, so go with what you know!
Old 10-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

En passant ... I know it's hard to come up with something intelligent, let alone constructive, to say when I played you like that.

Ok I'll play ...Imagine … the feeling that, the fools whose hubris caused them to establish ill-placed new b&m franchise dealer ops over the past five years in the middle of the hottest car market in decades fueled by a near zero interest rate environment, must have when they think about (in the face of the coming fierce competition from much smarter b&m dealer ops with decades in the biz) being crushed under the sheer weight of their debt burden when the sugar high is over and the next recession hits (2020?) … and their highly leveraged, high overhead, biz model lands them in the dust bin of franchise failures. If I was one of them I would not sleep at night, I’d be sweating the bed … I’d feel like the manager is walking to the mound after I blew the lead in the final game of the series.
And you had the ***** to lecture Sterling on how to conduct himself?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by Me&You
And you had the ***** to lecture Sterling on how to conduct himself?
I didn't start the fire friend.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:29 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I didn't start the fire friend.
Pors9 I believe you have an interesting business model and do provide some interesting perspectives on the data you have compiled.

However, if anybody were to spend some time and follow some of your posts I believe your repetitive sharp tongue and defensive nature on many more than one thread is driving potential clients away and consequently, will be harmful to any business you may be trying to develop and/or expand.

Objectively, I will tell you that I spoke to you back in May about helping out on a search for a 911R and my perception was a little different then. However, your behavior over the past 4-5 months is indicative of the behavior that I could never find myself associating with nor could I reasonably recommend your services. I believe your statements are overly defensive, arrogant. I'm not offended by what you say but rather concerned you do not have solid ground on your self awareness. You may feel like you are winning the battle but you are losing the war. Why do I care...I do believe you have some good insight, you seem to be a pretty bright guy and I believe you can add value to the conversations but your poor behavior is drastically over shadowing your qualities.

Now if you model is that of a bad controversial talk show then maybe I have the wrong perception of what you are trying to develop.

Have you ever spoke the words you write out loud and truly listened to your self?

I would genuinely recommend that you re-read your posts from a purely objective point of view and ask yourself... Is the level of professionalism disseminated in these conversations representative of an individual I would consider associating or trusting my assets with. I believe you are burning some bridges with some good people both on business and individual level.

Of course all this is MY opinion and maybe I'm alone on an island with regard to my thoughts. Good Luck - sorry for the soap box talk....

Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 PM
pors9
Banned

Originally Posted by 17bhub
Pors9 I believe you have an interesting business model and do provide some interesting perspectives on the data you have compiled.

Of course all this is MY opinion and maybe I'm alone on an island with regard to my thoughts. Good Luck - sorry for the soap box talk....
It's good to hear a voice of reason even if it is 100% pointed at PORS9 with no fault attributed to others - who are clearly not without fault.

If you really do go back through threads - to the start of what appear as 'skirmishes' - there are plenty of unwarranted attacks aimed at us simply because people don't like what we do or what we post. And by that I mean comments which are not disagreements of opinion - but derogatory comments without any redeeming value which are simply meant to provoke (not quite trolling but pretty close). RL is a forum that allows for attacking people for the sake of attacking people which is part of why many don't post on RL or even bother with it.

I agree that what would be best for ALL parties is to stop all the derogatory comments and allow for disagreements of opinion without criticism. And if someone doesn't like the content posted by a given poster then use the RL feature that allows you to not see their posts.

... and no yours is not a soapbox opinion - it's a rational call for civility which everyone should support.

Quick Reply: prices on CGT?