Notices

Aventador JOTA

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 09:14 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Aventador JOTA

Placed a deposit awhile back - SV Roadster is nothing short of excellent.

The JOTA will be the next level attended the URUS open house last night can't wait to see the JOTA.

Lamborghini rep attended it's nice to be included vs outside looking in - small company with lots of passion love the brand.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:11 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

You should look to some of the vintage stuff too. With Polo Storica making progress, the older stuff is now being looked after and those values will rise. Will only do great things for the brands history and heritage.

Check out cars like a Diable SE, Countach Downdraft, ANY Miura, LM002, 350GT. Just to throw a little of the old stuff in the collection. Lamborghini has come A LONG way in the last decade but they had historically always been a bit ahead of the game.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Good company, great cars, but they need to really think about people that are taller than 6'. Had to get a refund on my Performante deposit because I literally could not fit in the car at only 6'-3". My eye level was looking at the upper window sill, head in full contact with the headliner with seat all the way down, and factory / dealer totally unwilling to come up with a good solution. I was told to go buy aftermarket seat rails. Sorry, not on a 350K car.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Catorce
Good company, great cars, but they need to really think about people that are taller than 6'. Had to get a refund on my Performante deposit because I literally could not fit in the car at only 6'-3". My eye level was looking at the upper window sill, head in full contact with the headliner with seat all the way down, and factory / dealer totally unwilling to come up with a good solution. I was told to go buy aftermarket seat rails. Sorry, not on a 350K car.
6'2 went thru the seat debacle with the factory on the SV - carbon seats offer less head room than the electrics as they go lower over the rails vs carbon frame sits on the rails.

Lots of guys have gone with after market rails to keep the CF look others bought after market seats - Italians make the CF seats for smaller frame people and it's an odd seating position - go electric it's better than Aventador much stiffer solves the problems. You can always convert electric but theres no way to exchange the CF seats for electric.

In a Ferrari always get the non electric seats for more headroom - go figure.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:32 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by cgt04115
You should look to some of the vintage stuff too. With Polo Storica making progress, the older stuff is now being looked after and those values will rise. Will only do great things for the brands history and heritage.

Check out cars like a Diable SE, Countach Downdraft, ANY Miura, LM002, 350GT. Just to throw a little of the old stuff in the collection. Lamborghini has come A LONG way in the last decade but they had historically always been a bit ahead of the game.
Agree once the NA engines are gone it's time to focus on vintage NA especially those that represent best of their era like the ones you mention.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:39 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
6'2 went thru the seat debacle with the factory on the SV - carbon seats offer less head room than the electrics as they go lower over the rails vs carbon frame sits on the rails.

Lots of guys have gone with after market rails to keep the CF look others bought after market seats - Italians make the CF seats for smaller frame people and it's an odd seating position - go electric it's better than Aventador much stiffer solves the problems. You can always convert electric but theres no way to exchange the CF seats for electric.

In a Ferrari always get the non electric seats for more headroom - go figure.
The CF sport seats on the Perf felt like torture devices. I'm not fat (really) at 6'-3 and 250 but I could not fit in the seats properly. What I find odd is that Lambo is a VW company, and I fit in any VW-Porsche product. Also, I am Italian and go to Italy often, and yet no love from the factory as to a proper seat.

Right now looking at an F12, which I fit in.....no Lambo for me.

Even though they make amazing cars.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:52 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Catorce
The CF sport seats on the Perf felt like torture devices. I'm not fat (really) at 6'-3 and 250 but I could not fit in the seats properly. What I find odd is that Lambo is a VW company, and I fit in any VW-Porsche product. Also, I am Italian and go to Italy often, and yet no love from the factory as to a proper seat.

Right now looking at an F12, which I fit in.....no Lambo for me.

Even though they make amazing cars.
Try SV coupe with electric seats.

F12 great car last Pinifarina - Lambo V12 roadster rear engine whole different level.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:58 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Rumor has it JOTA broke the ring record.

The next one off will produce even more hp - Lamborghini for a little company is doing very big things.

http://www.thesupercarblog.com/lambo...car-showcased/
Old 06-29-2018, 02:13 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Is the JOTA a limited numbered edition? Or is it just limited production?
Old 06-29-2018, 03:00 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
Is the JOTA a limited numbered edition? Or is it just limited production?
JOTA is the improved SV - ALA rear wheel steering sort of like the GT3RS.2 then there may be a LE JOTA

No one knows production was told less than the SV - only so many months to produce before the next generation Aventador add SUV plus hyper car guessing factory is beyond loaded.

Best guess 300 coupes 300 roadsters - lot depends on how well the S sells as they only have so many tubs.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:12 AM
unotaz
Drifting

I was looking into the SVJ and was told this is going to be a 2 year production run, with the Aventador replacement coming in as a 2021 model. After learning this, I held off putting a deposit on the SVJ since more allocations will become available and possibly, Lamborghini will come out with a numbered final-edition for the Aventador in 2020?
Old 08-04-2018, 04:18 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I was looking into the SVJ and was told this is going to be a 2 year production run, with the Aventador replacement coming in as a 2021 model. After learning this, I held off putting a deposit on the SVJ since more allocations will become available and possibly, Lamborghini will come out with a numbered final-edition for the Aventador in 2020?
I was always told 1000 and placed the deposit way back added a deposit for the hyper car 63 which has more deposits than production.

Added a hold to the last available 1 of 10 Anniversary race cars but I may back off that.

Some say silly things about production until Monterey no one knows - attending the event and rumor is a special JOTA hoping to get one but it depends what someone defines as special.

Last pure NA V12 rear engine who else offers that in a roadster - even if there is a last hurrah which I doubt its going to be extremely limited.

Would have left your deposit at least until you hear some facts vs fiction - at the end of the day it's a car you will want to own.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:14 AM
unotaz
Drifting

I am in discussion with my dealer. Haven't decided on coupe or roadster yet.

Hate to lose money on cars nowadays, but I might do it for the Jota. The 918 VIP program has been good to me

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I was always told 1000 and placed the deposit way back added a deposit for the hyper car 63 which has more deposits than production.

Added a hold to the last available 1 of 10 Anniversary race cars but I may back off that.

Some say silly things about production until Monterey no one knows - attending the event and rumor is a special JOTA hoping to get one but it depends what someone defines as special.

Last pure NA V12 rear engine who else offers that in a roadster - even if there is a last hurrah which I doubt its going to be extremely limited.

Would have left your deposit at least until you hear some facts vs fiction - at the end of the day it's a car you will want to own.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:41 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I am in discussion with my dealer. Haven't decided on coupe or roadster yet.

Hate to lose money on cars nowadays, but I might do it for the Jota. The 918 VIP program has been good to me
You got spoiled but good for you.

I was going to sell my SV it may be the better investment over JOTA but waiting to see where I stand at or before Monterey.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:41 AM
Plastique999
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressed by the 6:44 Ring time for a heavy car.
Cant wait to spec it in Monterey!

Quick Reply: Aventador JOTA