Sponsored by:

CGT needs better rubber

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:52 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
First and foremost I'm an enthusiast and collector. I had to get a sponsorship because I sell one thing (1). So I decided to support the board, but I have been retired for years. Second of all, you were complaining the dealer would not install modern tires on your car. Why you don't bypass the dealer altogether is beyond me. Why you are waiting for the factory to continue to support a car decades out of production is also lost on me.

My suggestion, like one other person posted, is to put modern rubber on the car, dealer and factory be damned. It has EVERY relevance to your post. It's not a Veyron, it doesn't use bespoke tires, move on.

Why would I allow someone to take a risk let alone me because you say so. You want to guarantee that nothing happens you ever seen a CGT go on a lift - guessing on both counts ... nope!

I am complaining that Porsche needs to place effort of which they have done in the past.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:20 PM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try reaching out to WTDoom - he tracks his with seeming regularity at Spa & the like. Think he also had a role in pre-production 918 development, so may have ideas about tyre improvements over the intervening years. Think he may have posted something on pistonheads some time back, related to newer Michelins.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:45 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Try reaching out to WTDoom - he tracks his with seeming regularity at Spa & the like. Think he also had a role in pre-production 918 development, so may have ideas about tyre improvements over the intervening years. Think he may have posted something on pistonheads some time back, related to newer Michelins.
Thanks - it's about Porsche / Michelin upgrading tires to current like they did in the past - simply time for an upgrade.

Wtdoom - recall tracks the cgt with slicks.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:37 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
I’ve run Pilot Sport Cup 2 and Pilot Sport 4S and absolutely no issues at all, both in 345 Rear sizes.
345 on the rear helps the car to not be "Those things oversteer like crazy" per Bobby Rahal.
From plenty of experience, I would recommend 345 instead of 335 on the rear.

Also, move the rear sway bar drop links to the hole closest to the tip of the sway bar and enjoy less "drifty" handling.

Quick Reply: CGT needs better rubber