Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mclaren Senna

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 03:24 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Just like the P1, which was limited to ONLY 349 cars but later had like 450 cars made in the various disguises, Mclaren continues to mess with its best customers with more special edition of their special edition cars.

Unlike the Senna XP, which was all cosmetic upgrades, the LM edition will provide actual performance upgrades from the GTR version onto the street. Get your checkbooks out guys, there will only be 20 cars made! That is until the Senna XP LM Long Tail Final edition comes out next year!

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/excl...gal-senna-gtr/
Old 12-08-2019, 04:24 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Just like the P1, which was limited to ONLY 349 cars but later had like 450 cars made in the various disguises, Mclaren continues to mess with its best customers with more special edition of their special edition cars.

Unlike the Senna XP, which was all cosmetic upgrades, the LM edition will provide actual performance upgrades from the GTR version onto the street. Get your checkbooks out guys, there will only be 20 cars made! That is until the Senna XP LM Long Tail Final edition comes out next year!

why crap on cars that you don’t own and aren’t going to own? (Btw; I have a p1 and had a senna )
Old 12-08-2019, 06:39 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

XP / Senna same msrp - no one expected XP's to have performance upgrades because it's the same MSRP!
XP's less than 10 went to VIP's one being Jay Leno specified their builds with MSO.
LM 20 upgraded cars - throwing that in Senna owners face you may want to comprehend the differences.
Read the article slowly LM "might" receive higher hp ... key word "might" and the LM msrp 1.3M euro vs Senna msrp 750 euro.
Senna XP longtail final edition - 2m+ if it happens according to the world of (you) Garp

Anyway - very cool weekend with the XP's - feel extremely lucky and hope to get out there asap before it ships.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5zBSfx...jy2weruEuyUJjQ

Last edited by nuvolari612; 12-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Snakebit10
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The "potential for fraud" might not come from insurance values, but rather, other forms of direct or indirect compensations from the manufacturer directly (eg. guaranteed allocation for the next P1, or significant discount on the next purchase, or even $1 cars, etc etc). There are a lot of things that can happen behind the scene. I'm sure Mclaren's PR and marketing department is working relentlessly trying to deal with the issue. No manufacturers likes their cars to be exposed in this kind of light, especially by owners who are well-known Youtubers with a big reach.
LOL...Clever. No one wants their vehicles exposed by this kind of "light" (firelight) hehe...

Still not totally warmed up to the Senna's looks but these XP cars are interesting. Nice specs on all 3.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 PM
unotaz
Drifting

You might want to check that piece of information.

Normal Senna MSRP starts at $958,966 and the Senna XP starts at $1,435,328.

I was invited last month to check out the three XPs that BH had for sale. I personally liked the Marlboro theme XP, but I can't justify the purchase knowing that the LM version is already in the works.

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
XP / Senna same msrp - no one expected XP's to have performance upgrades because it's the same MSRP!
Old 12-11-2019, 12:18 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I didn't "crap on" the P1 or the Senna. I never said they aren't good cars to drive.

I just crapped on Mclaren's "brilliant" marketing strategy and how it ruins their customers' wallets repeatedly.

Look, the 620R was just announced and the Senna LM is coming out early next year! I bet 600LT and Senna owners must be stoked

At least with Porsche or Ferrari, every model is already planned way ahead and everything is consistent. Porsche/Ferrari doesn't refurbish their prototype models and resell it to their customers. There is no Carrera GT RS XP LT edition and God knows what else.

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
why crap on cars that you don’t own and aren’t going to own? (Btw; I have a p1 and had a senna )
The following 3 users liked this post by unotaz:
amerifrikaner (01-07-2020), Der-Schwabe (12-11-2019), FLGT (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 03:07 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I didn't "crap on" the P1 or the Senna. I never said they aren't good cars to drive.

I just crapped on Mclaren's "brilliant" marketing strategy and how it ruins their customers' wallets repeatedly.

Look, the 620R was just announced and the Senna LM is coming out early next year! I bet 600LT and Senna owners must be stoked

At least with Porsche or Ferrari, every model is already planned way ahead and everything is consistent. Porsche/Ferrari doesn't refurbish their prototype models and resell it to their customers. There is no Carrera GT RS XP LT edition and God knows what else.
I can only speak for myself - after seeing the Senna LM 620R it pushed me towards a Senna and I paid over msrp as others were sold that same week above msrp.
Ferrari does have XP's but they are never known about same goes with P1 XP etc given to stock holders VIPs same with the LM - 20.
Ferrari 599 Alonso Edition HGTE and Aperta how many no one knew they also added tdf's and they just tossed a convertible 812 that was always a LE to the coupe. Maybe that was announced I don't know but seemed odd.
Porsche - c'mon they put a sticker on cars add some parts bin stuff more than anyone example GT3RS.2 Golden Turbo it's worst of them all. How many 911 variants are there .... 24!
Porsche closed early on the CGT - please don't post it was the airbags as no one even the dealers wanted the CGT.
We all know cars are a depreciating asset - if by driving or owning loses money or one feels a factory has it out for them the modern car market is the wrong place to be as if anyone wants to total what it really costs to own their toys it's a lot worse than meets the eye.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 12-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:13 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

You might want to check that piece of information.

Normal Senna MSRP starts at $958,966 and the Senna XP starts at $1,435,328.

I was invited last month to check out the three XPs that BH had for sale. I personally liked the Marlboro theme XP, but I can't justify the purchase knowing that the LM version is already in the works.
XP Brazilian Monaco European no idea what you mean by "Marlboro" all 1,435 same price / spec plus ADM -MSRP

Called Nov 26 at noon as three were delivered by truck - only Brazilian was available wired next business day and posted here - not sure when you saw them but I don't see how they were available.

Additional LM hp from upgraded MSO exhaust hope to grab one -

Could not be more excited but appreciate you making sure I "check that piece of information" and congrats on the LM would love to hear more than the article below. Heard 1.7m and if i had to do it all over again would take the Carbon XP Thanks for (cough) passing

https://www.supercars.net/blog/mclar...hip-in-the-uk/

Last edited by nuvolari612; 12-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:27 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Two weeks of steam polish buff repeat clear bra 2nd app on a few areas.
F1 strips
Fast very connected surprisingly comfortable

Last edited by nuvolari612; 01-27-2020 at 05:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CGT000 (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 08:53 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Truly magnificent and total art on wheels. Enjoy her in good health
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Two weeks of steam polish buff repeat clear bra 2nd app on a few areas.
F1 strips
Fast very connected surprisingly comfortable

gorgeous
drive in good health
17bhub (01-29-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:03 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
gorgeous
drive in good health
Thanks
Roller coaster with brakes in every way.
Similar to CGT over built many first owners will never enjoy it but once in the right hands -

Old 02-07-2020, 10:39 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice car! And I like the Brazilian livery.... recently saw an all carbon spec and the owner deleted the lower door windows. Thought that was an interesting move as those windows are iconic for these cars. My only gripe about the senna is the rear wing. I think the GTR version with its rear wing raked back looks much better than the upright wing....

Old 02-07-2020, 07:50 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

[QUOTE=erikerik;16405811]Nice car! And I like the Brazilian livery.... recently saw an all carbon spec and the owner deleted the lower door windows. Thought that was an interesting move as those windows are iconic for these cars. My only gripe about the senna is the rear wing. I think the GTR version with its rear wing raked back looks much better than the upright wing....

Thanks - window in part makes roller coaster with road view.

Agree GTR wing is better massive but had to order "special" wide trailer for Senna delivery keep in mind no window to climb in with the 1/3 window and the door is not an easy task.
Extremely hard to get inside the Senna on transport luckily had a helper who is 100 lb.s 5'3.
Transport also had a GTR inside - called dealer to discuss and they had a Senna Brazil GTR 2.2m.
Salesman said minimal ground clearance and width is brutal finding a transporter able to get in and out - after our experience the thought was gone.
Senna active wing is cool when pulling away it dips waving the flag

911Vintage (02-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Mclaren Senna