Looking for a Silver/Black CGT in Canada... - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Looking for a Silver/Black CGT in Canada...

Reply

Old 12-26-2017, 01:15 PM
  #1  
C4S_fan
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
C4S_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 863
Default Looking for a Silver/Black CGT (WAS: in Canada...)

I'm looking to purchase a low mileage, no story, Silver/Black (aka "Dark Grey") CGT.

This one was perfect, and apparently the owner already has another and might be interested in selling it: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...t/1891926.html

Does anyone know of a car for sale?

Or the current owner of the car linked above who could put us in contact?

Last edited by C4S_fan; 01-01-2018 at 10:11 AM.
C4S_fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  #2  
Me&You
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Default

Originally Posted by C4S_fan View Post
I'm looking to purchase a low mileage, no story, Silver/Black (aka "Dark Grey") CGT in Canada.

This one was perfect, and apparently the owner already has another and might be interested in selling it: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...t/1891926.html

Does anyone know of a car for sale?

Or the current owner of the car linked above who could put us in contact?
Is there any reason you're seeking a car in Canada? I would wager that the majority of CGTs in Canada are US-imports anyways (though there have been many re-exported back to the US due to the current forex).

When seeking something like a Silver on Black (dark grey ) CGT, you might as well cast a wide net to find the best one available.
Me&You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:13 PM
  #3  
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,885
Default

Originally Posted by Me&You View Post
Is there any reason you're seeking a car in Canada? I would wager that the majority of CGTs in Canada are US-imports anyways (though there have been many re-exported back to the US due to the current forex).

When seeking something like a Silver on Black (dark grey ) CGT, you might as well cast a wide net to find the best one available.
I believe Canada has a 8% or so import tax - buy that one and call it a really god day.
nuvolari612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:08 AM
  #4  
Henley1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Henley1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 297
Default

13% plus 6.1 % duty. That's all after regular exchange.
Henley1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:10 AM
  #5  
Henley1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Henley1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by Henley1 View Post
13% plus 6.1 % duty. That's all after regular exchange.
so the quick math... say 600.00 ish dollars is almost 900cdn.
Henley1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:09 PM
  #6  
C4S_fan
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
C4S_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 863
Default

Yep - there's definitely a price point where the two are equal.

A Canadian car is just less hassle... but open to US cars as well (and expanding my search to include those as well).

The car in the Hemmings ad was sold to someone in Quebec who (apparently) already has CGT. I'm hoping that the RL community might know the owner and put us in touch.
C4S_fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:44 PM
  #7  
Me&You
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Default

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 View Post
I believe Canada has a 8% or so import tax - buy that one and call it a really god day.
The duty is 6.1%, but thanks for pointing out something you're not even familiar with.

There is a very limited selection of CGTs available in Canada. The majority of sellers are smart enough to already price in all associated costs and most ask a premium due to the perceived 'hassle' the OP is looking to avoid. Porsches are very easy to import into Canada, so there's no reason the OP should limit his search to cars already in Canada, especially if there's no material pricing advantage. Just look at the car posted in the Hemmings ad - the asking price was $739 (USD), which is roughly equivalent to paying $700US for a car sitting in the US. Maybe the car in the ad was the best one on the market (but it is sold, which ads another layer of 'hassle'), but all I'm saying is at that price, the OP should be able to take his pic of sub-2k mile CGTs across N. America and make sure he's getting the very best example available.
Me&You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:02 PM
  #8  
Flachbau
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Flachbau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: U.S. West Coast
Posts: 1,037
Default

Originally Posted by C4S_fan View Post
Yep - there's definitely a price point where the two are equal.

A Canadian car is just less hassle... but open to US cars as well (and expanding my search to include those as well).

The car in the Hemmings ad was sold to someone in Quebec who (apparently) already has CGT. I'm hoping that the RL community might know the owner and put us in touch.
Figure out what you are looking for here: https://pors9.com/cfgr

Then contact me ...
Flachbau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 AM
  #9  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8,728
Default

Originally Posted by Flachbau View Post
Figure out what you are looking for here: https://pors9.com/cfgr

Then contact me ...
Nice site, I'll definitely put in my must haves in there when I'm ready.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM
  #10  
Flachbau
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Flachbau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: U.S. West Coast
Posts: 1,037
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Nice site, I'll definitely put in my must haves in there when I'm ready.
Thanks! Look forward to helping out if we can.
Flachbau is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a Silver/Black CGT in Canada...


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: