Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960 (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960-112/)
-   -   Pagani's driven and restored (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960/1032104-paganis-driven-and-restored.html)

nuvolari612 10-28-2017 10:56 AM

Pagani's driven and restored

It's no secret I dislike moth balling - Pagani agrees special cars are meant to be driven restored to factory fresh repeat.

https://drivetribe.com/p/pagani-laun...source=network

neurotic 10-28-2017 11:56 AM

62,000 miles on 137 cars
let me help you with the maths...that's 452 miles per car, or 727 km
what the hell is wrong with people lol

yesyoucan 10-28-2017 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8 (Post 14565269)
62,000 miles on 137 cars
let me help you with the maths...that's 452 miles per car, or 727 km
what the hell is wrong with people lol

it says some owners have driven over 62k miles. I think you mis read it to say that 137 cars have driven a total of 62k miles

neurotic 10-28-2017 01:17 PM

thanks for clearing that up lol
i was on the treadmill when i read the article
:icon107:

mooty 10-30-2017 06:22 PM

NICE, there's a smart man.
buy, drive, maintain, repeat....
dry humping isnt' fun. do it.

nuvolari612 10-31-2017 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 14569913)
NICE, there's a smart man.
buy, drive, maintain, repeat....
dry humping isnt' fun. do it.

Cars are the least expensive mistress ever created ... fact.

Hoyt 11-01-2017 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by nuvolari612 (Post 14571297)
Cars are the least expensive mistress ever created ... fact.

So very true....

Quadcammer 11-07-2017 10:34 AM

Harry Metcalfe has a fair number of miles on his and from what I recall he hasn't had a lot of issues.

That said, a full restoration at 62k miles for a modern car seems a bit unnecessary. Sure, refresh the engine and gearbox and maybe paint, but a full nut and bolt redo seems like it shouldn't be needed.

nuvolari612 11-07-2017 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quadcammer (Post 14587132)
Harry Metcalfe has a fair number of miles on his and from what I recall he hasn't had a lot of issues.

That said, a full restoration at 62k miles for a modern car seems a bit unnecessary. Sure, refresh the engine and gearbox and maybe paint, but a full nut and bolt redo seems like it shouldn't be needed.

I don't know - a car at this level is not about practicality.

Salty roads oceans who knows what - key is they are offering it and customers want it and my guess is the cost will be well received upon a sale plus how cool to be part of a Pagani restoration.

CAlexio 11-07-2017 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i don’t own one, but i talk to members of the family as friends weekly. What i can say, is they take incredible care and pride to interact personally with each and every customer proactively on a regular basis. It really is like an extended family, and knowing some of the customers, I know they value this tight relationship too.

Two driving tours are organized yearly in Europe and US, and owners are encouraged to drive their cars, not to mention take them apart to view the perfectly finished internals. Im attaching a pic from the USA corporate office, and this Huayra bumper was hanging around. Outside of its incredible lightness, which even my puny arms could handle with ease (as is to be expected from structural carbon) Inspecting it inside and out, there was no difference.. that part is astonishing. There was high gloss perfectly aligned carbon on both sides... each edge is perfectly finished, even if it’s going to be hidden by a screw. If you could turn this bumper inside out, it would look just as finished. Something Incredible to behold. Their mule in the office, a 70,000+ mile car, has perfectly shiny carbo-titanium weave in the sills, weathered but immaculate leather on the seats, each button makes a highly perfected “click-clack” sound, a sound which Horacio himself agonized Over to get right... machined metal on machined metal meeting at a tuned pinpoint. There are many iconel and titanium exhausts lying around.. I could spend hours looking at each weld, each a thing of beauty.

These cars are true works of art, inside and out, not just ultimate performance machines. Bringing them back to perfection, and having their creator, Horacio Pagani suggest updates, changes, or just personally double check each creation, is part of the brand value. Imagine if Enzo were still alive and you could bring your car back to him for personal discussion and review of modifications (as owners in the 50-60’s still did when the factory was small enough)... that trip back to Italy with your car would become a highlight of the ownership experience.

If I️ go for coffee next week I’ll take some detailed pics.. this brand, is apart from all the rest. In appearance and intrinsic value, there is no comparison. it’s an amazing small family success story, and every move they make is one applaud. I️ say this as a friend and as a car-nut with close access and experience to many hypercars.. Pagani, is something else entirely. Much much respect.