Notices
Porsche Memorabilia The place to post cherished keepsakes and mementos of our favorite marque

Need help IDing RR7 Icon

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 02:25 PM
SBennett351
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help IDing RR7 Icon

Hello! I'm new to Rennlist, and just attended my first Rennsport Reunion this year. Planning to buy our first Porsche within the next year. While at RR7, I had the opportunity to meet a number of the Porsche Icons and get their autographs on my event poster. While I tried to keep good notes and remember whose signatures are on my poster, there is one that I cannot identify. I've attached a small image of this signature in hopes that someone might recognize it. Thank you in advance!

Old 11-11-2023, 11:33 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 184 Posts

The list of "icons" was petty extensive @ RR7, it may narrow it down to list the ones you have eliminated :-) and thus who remains as a possible owner.
Old 11-11-2023, 02:06 PM
SBennett351
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
The list of "icons" was petty extensive @ RR7, it may narrow it down to list the ones you have eliminated :-) and thus who remains as a possible owner.
Yes, that may help. Below is the list of confirmed signatures that are on my event poster. I did notice when I was going back through the Icons section of the event booklet that I've got three autographs from driver's who are not mentioned as official RR7 Icons of Porsche. These are Margie Smith Haas, Mathieu Jaminet, and Dane Cameron. I wonder if that one mystery signature may also be someone not included in the official Icons list.

Black colored names are those not included in the printed Icons section of the event booklet:
David Donohue
Elliot Forbes-Robinson
David Murry
Gerard Larrousse
Alwin Springer

Margie Smith Haas
Wolf Henzler
Andrew Davis
Willi Kauhsen
David Hobbs
Thierry Boutsen
Timo Bernhard