Macan 2014-Current

New Scan Tool for Porsche...Including Macan

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:46 PM
trapper
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PSEE
Some reviews suggest this is a great tool, while others recite a litany of issues trying to use the tool, upgrade its s/w, etc. See this link:

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-POR-.../dp/B011DKBXBK

I'd venture the positive reviews are posted by people connected with the company that sells or manufactures the tool. And what of the negative reviews? Are people simply fabricating these - and if so for what possible gain?

It would seem likely this tool has many issues in dealing with various Porsche models.

Help in Chinese? Gee, thanks... Not responding to emails? Thanks again!

Caveat emptor!!!

I received my iCarsoft POR II today. It was easy to download and apply updates from their website. I plugged it into the car and the menus were much easier to navigate than the Schwaben (Foxwell) was. There is an option to reset the service light but since my light won't turn back on for another year I can't report how it functions. Just my 2 cents worth, your mileage may vary. I'll report back next year when my light comes on again!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Tech23
3rd Gear

Trapper sport mode should be re activated thru coding and programming menu on a piwis tester if I am correct
Old 09-06-2017, 11:06 PM
trapper
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tech23
Trapper sport mode should be re activated thru coding and programming menu on a piwis tester if I am correct
Thanks, my Porsche tech wasn't successful - I think it has to be at a dealer with the PIWIS connected to the Porsche network to verify that the car had Sport mode when it left the factory. I haven't taken it to my dealer yet.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts
Default oil service interval reset?

Does anyone have direct experience with the Schwaben tool confirming it will successfully complete a reset for the oil service interval for a 2015 Macan Turbo?

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:19 AM
trapper
Track Day

Does anyone have direct experience with the Schwaben tool confirming it will successfully complete a reset for the oil service interval for a 2015 Macan Turbo?

Thanks!

I was finally able to reset my oil service light on my Cayman with the Schwaben but it reset other CAN bus controllers too and I now have no sport mode! It looks like a hassle and $$$ to ever get it back. I returned my Schwaben tool and bought the iCarsoft unit. I don't know if this will work because my light won't come back on for a while.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:26 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 272 Posts

Received the iCarSoftPORII tool this afternoon, read the instructions and plugged it in. Macan is not on the drop-downs of supported vehicles (even after contacting the iCarSoft Tech support who promised that it was. After Trapper's problem, I'm not about to experiment. Tried to download the ZIP file of instructions to obtain up-dates to the TF card. My computer says that it's an invalid file. I've downloaded ZIP files before w/no problems but this one defies everything I've tried. The iCarSoft phone number answers in Mandarin and broken English recording and tells me to "try back later". An e-mail to the tech rep remains unanswered. Stay tuned...I'll up-date as I get this resolved one way or the other.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:56 PM
trapper
Track Day

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Received the iCarSoftPORII tool this afternoon, read the instructions and plugged it in. Macan is not on the drop-downs of supported vehicles (even after contacting the iCarSoft Tech support who promised that it was. After Trapper's problem, I'm not about to experiment. Tried to download the ZIP file of instructions to obtain up-dates to the TF card. My computer says that it's an invalid file. I've downloaded ZIP files before w/no problems but this one defies everything I've tried. The iCarSoft phone number answers in Mandarin and broken English recording and tells me to "try back later". An e-mail to the tech rep remains unanswered. Stay tuned...I'll up-date as I get this resolved one way or the other.

I'll try to plug mine in this weekend and see if Macan is there, although your unit should be newer than mine. I'll also try to plug it into my PC tonight and see what software levels I have on my unit.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 PM
PSEE
Pro

Would any of the posts in this thread be of any assistance? User Rack (Broham Dingleberry ) seemed to have been successful using this tool...

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/engi...ft-por-ii.html
So - maybe the poster is a poseur... !?!?

There's also this thread - in which a poster claims to have used the MaxiDiag 808 (Pro), available from a number of sources:
​​​​​​http://www.macanforum.com/forum/engi...t-scanner.html
Unfortunately another user responded that he'd had an issue and requested assistance - and that was the end of the thread.

Sigh...
Old 03-16-2018, 06:12 PM
PSEE
Pro

list of supported Porsche models by the Autel device:

Old 03-16-2018, 07:14 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Finally got the program and instructions to load...don't ask me how. The computer must've taken pity on me. After that, all went well...except after entering the serial number of the device, it asked for a "register number" which was nowhere to be found. Exasperated, I quit but, after a few minutes, decided to try again. I scrolled down to where it asked for the "register number" and, lo and behold, it appeared. WTF??? Anyway, next step is to see if the scanner recognizes the Macan and, if so, will it allow me to turn off the oil service notification. Stay tuned....

Update: The scanner recognized the Macan and setting the Oil service and Inspection notifications was successful! The whole experience would've been a lot quicker and less dramatic had the downloads and instructions been implemented easier. Nevertheless, I'm pleased with the outcome and, considering cost and ergonomics, the iCarSoftPORII is the clear winner!

Last edited by NC TRACKRAT; 03-16-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:50 PM
pkaufman
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Will the iCarSoftPORII up back the brake caliper pistons like the Schwaben says it will?

It's been the better part of a year since trapper's experience - anyone else have experience with the Schwaben tool?

Peter
Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

I haven't done it yet but it says it will and it's on the screenlist of drop-downs for the MACAN.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:47 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 160 Posts

I got the foxwell NT510 because it can do Audi, BMW, and Porsche. In case I need to do the BMW injectors again

Anyway here are the facts - as of today - March 24, 2018, it will do the service lights and scan codes on a Macan. There was a new update. It works perfect. It has a setting to retract the brakes. Did not try.

The down side is it will not work on the 997. It will read codes but not reset the service interval. Guy in China says they are working on it, but not there yet.

I'm going to keep it so I can use it on other cars. I will need to purchase a license for the Audi and BMW. Was happy with the Macan reset. Asked my wife if she was impressed with my technical skills and she said she never even noticed it said service now every time she started the Macan.

Not sure if I am going to get the por2 for the 997 or wait for the update from foxwell
Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 AM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Some reviews suggest this is a great tool, while others recite a litany of issues trying to use the tool, upgrade its s/w, etc. See this link:

https://www.amazon.com/iCarsoft-POR-.../dp/B011DKBXBK

I'd venture the positive reviews are posted by people connected with the company that sells or manufactures the tool. And what of the negative reviews? Are people simply fabricating these - and if so for what possible gain?

It would seem likely this tool has many issues in dealing with various Porsche models.

Help in Chinese? Gee, thanks... Not responding to emails? Thanks again!

Caveat emptor!!!

I purchased an Enthusiast Durametric years ago and then sent it back after a long while for a full credit on a Pro model due to adding more p cars. I know they are pricey. I also have the iCarsoft for my Mercedes and it does not come close to the functionality of a Durametric. I need to play with the Durametric a bit with on the Macan to see what I can do.

Quick Reply: New Scan Tool for Porsche...Including Macan