Notices
Macan 2014-Current

What am I missing from this build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 04:14 PM
jbirdie6
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 39 Posts
Default What am I missing from this build?

Playing around with the Porsche configurator. Here is what I put together for a Macan GTS build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ1X5620.

What am I missing? Anything on this build that I woudl regret not adding?
Old 05-08-2017, 05:06 PM
phast930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is so subjective. We have a fully loaded Macan Turbo (Configured by my wife not me ) and she got PTV, LCA/LDA and on and on. You have to decide what you will ultimately want out of the car.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:26 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is my code, we all have different tastes. PHHKV639

Sun blinds and the cargo management system are two late add ones for me. My wife wanted LCA. I love the Sport Design mirrors and that was a must-have.

I chose NOT to get Sport Chrono because, seriously, you will very seldom use it on the street. I use it on the track in my Carrera S but it's a waste, IMO, on the Macan. It can be added afterwards (it's just software) if you change your mind.

I did add Torque Vectoring which you can feel even in everyday driving. It makes the GTS turn in so much better in sharp turns or faster turns. Makes it more of a "Porsche". And it can't be added later.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 161 Posts

I figure I am too much of oddball to have any useful thoughts on your build.

Speaking of odd things, I notice another 928 owner in this thread! That makes four I've seen in my short residence in this forum.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk46
Speaking of odd things, I notice another 928 owner in this thread! That makes four I've seen in my short residence in this forum.
It's not odd at all Curt: Us 928 owners know good cars Hope you get yours soon.

I am seriously loving our 95B Turbo.

Originally Posted by jbirdie6
What am I missing? Anything on this build that I woudl regret not adding?
18-way seats.
PTV+

Edit: and Cargo Management. (Can't be added later.)
Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM
phast930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree the 18 way seats are very nice in the 95B. We have the cargo management also, it is very nice to have as well.

As for my 928, well I inherited it and am just starting to work on it to get it back on the road.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:10 AM
jbirdie6
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 39 Posts

Good advice on the 18-way, PTV+, and Cargo Management! Doesn't increase the overall cost that much and seems like some essentials that I wasn't thinking about.

What exactly does the Cargo Management do? It just looks like a net behind the back seat from the stock photo on Porsche's config tool.

Originally Posted by worf928

18-way seats.
PTV+

Edit: and Cargo Management. (Can't be added later.)
Old 05-10-2017, 11:29 AM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Good advice on the 18-way, PTV+, and Cargo Management! Doesn't increase the overall cost that much and seems like some essentials that I wasn't thinking about.

What exactly does the Cargo Management do? It just looks like a net behind the back seat from the stock photo on Porsche's config tool.
Cargo management kit does a lot. Search this forum and you will see lots of photos. It gives you a track with sliding partitions, hooks and spring loaded strap. You can make endless configurations to hold gear and packages. This, plus the net behind the seat. Note, it CAN be added later. There is a thread on this forum by someone who did, but, no secret, it costs more that way.

Be sure to try 18 way seats before you buy them. Broad shouldered folks don't always fit so well in them. I love them in my Carrera but found them less comfortable and more constraining in the GTS. Yes, they hold you tight which is sporty and all that, but I chose the 14 way for comfort and the ability to move around more in an SUV.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:36 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
Note, it CAN be added later. There is a thread on this forum by someone who did, but, no secret, it costs more that way.
Interesting. I feel the flush of mod fever coming on...
Old 05-12-2017, 11:30 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is an excellent video showing you the components of the Cargo Management System for the Macan. It's a veritable "best buy" among Porsche options when you consider it's < $400!

Quick Reply: What am I missing from this build?