Macan 2014-Current

Stop sale on Macans

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Poluski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop sale on Macans

Got a call from my dealer couple days ago informing me that Porsche has put a stop to sales of all Macans due to an issue with Filter Flange of the Fuel Pump. No other details given. This affects the sale of my Macan which is due for delivery in June. It affects the sale of all Macans on the dealer lot. Wondering if anyone else has any more details around this. Especially around the fix and timing. Dealer has no additional info and they are pretty bummed as it will deeply hurt them.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Adk46
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 161 Posts

Just got back from my dealer, who got the schedule for my car. No mention of any delay on my June 30 delivery estimate.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:18 AM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Poluski
Got a call from my dealer couple days ago informing me that Porsche has put a stop to sales of all Mecans due to an issue with Filter Flange of the Fuel Pump. No other details given. ....
Below is the Porsche AG Bulletin (originally posted by SFnative on another forum) that imposed the STOP SELL on 4,287 MY 2917 Macan vehicles (all models, Base, S, GTS, and Turbo). Unfortunately this copy does not list, or have as an attachment, the VIN numbers that the bulletin addresses.

Additional Information from Road Show by Chet:

"Porsche issued a voluntary recall for 51,497 examples of the Macan in the US. This includes the base, S, GTS and Turbo trims. The affected vehicles carry build dates between March 4, 2014, and April 14, 2017. According to Good Car Bad Car, Porsche sold 47,143 Macans in the US, so this might affect nearly every Macan on the road." See full article at <https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/sniff-sniff-porsche-recalls-52000-macan-crossovers-for-fuel-odors/>
Attached Images  

Last edited by Type 2; 05-07-2017 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Id; add info
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Additional Information on Stop Sale AH06 & Recall

Originally Posted by Type 2
.... [Prior] Information from Road Show by Chet:"Porsche issued a voluntary recall for 51,497 examples of the Macan in the US. This includes the base, S, GTS and Turbo trims. The affected vehicles carry build dates between March 4, 2014, and April 14, 2017. According to Good Car Bad Car, Porsche sold 47,143 Macans in the US, so this might affect nearly every Macan on the road." See full article at <https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/sniff-sniff-porsche-recalls-52000-macan-crossovers-for-fuel-odors/>
A poster on another forum reported that his SA forwarded to hiim an update that was sent to Porsche dealers in the US:

"Dear General Managers:

We have been advised the initial stock of AH06 parts are being procured by PAG and will be airfreighted to the three U.S. Parts Distribution Centers as soon as possible. At this time we do not have exact ETAs but we are hopeful initial shipments to your dealership will begin during the week of May 15th. We will update you as more detailed information is received."

As an aside comment and reading between the lines, at least there appears to be "redesigned" parts (note, not specifically said) for a "fix" being procured by PAG, and then air freighted to enter the PCNA parts supply pipeline. There is no reported information yet as to which vehicles may get priority, i.e., MY 2017 vehicles about to be delivered, early MY Macans in service, or Macans on Porsche dealers' lots, both new and used.

Last edited by Type 2; 05-07-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: MSP
Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

I have a 20k service scheduled for the end of the month. The service rep advised the IF they get the part in time they will install. Else they will do it at later time. No gas oder so far.

Quick Reply: Stop sale on Macans