Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS 2017, Volcano Grey

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:45 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Re: flash & warranty

I believe if you poke around the Macan forums a bit, you'll find the answer is "yes".

It's YOUR car, and it's THEIR warranty. Porsche provides a warranty for the vehicle and its settings as they've configured them. Going beyond the limits of their configuration may jeopardize the vehicle's components' survivability for the stated warranty period.

My understanding is that somewhere in the small print, etc. is some statement about that type of modification and how it may impact the vehicle's warranty.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:35 PM
modkrazy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by El Sapo
You sir are the reason I was compelled to buy a new Macan Base instead of a comparably priced used S or Turbo!!!

LOL
Cheers, welcome to the family.

Although the new Macan Base has a 4-pot engine, and 2 cylinders is not something you can compensate for with a tune (even more so than the additional displacement of the Turbo models)... still, Cobb has already released some dyno graphs of their work in progress base model tune, and while it runs out of steam on the top end, it has lots of that city torque.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:41 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
If you press hard on the brake pedal, the brakes will hold the car. "Hold" appears in the dash area. Throttle tip-in releases the brakes smoothly and naturally.
Thanks for the tip. Will try it.

Edit: Works great...probably a hill climb thing, or something similar. Thanks.

Last edited by 1pvr; 09-15-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Macan GTS 2017, Volcano Grey