Macan 2014-Current

Aftermarket Wheel Locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheel Locks

I know the Macan comes stock with OEM wheels locks. I'm in such a bad neighborhood that I'm looking for a 2nd type of wheel lock so any thief would need to know how to break 2 sets of locks to get the wheel. I'm used to getting Gorilla Locks: Gorilla Automotive Products In specific, I like their model: Gorilla Guard: Gorilla Automotive Products. Can someone smart enough for this tell me if this model will fit the 2017 Macan S: 68020 https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-68020 Will this work?

http://www.brandsport.com/grla-68020.html
Gorilla® 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lug Bolt Locks Ball/Radius Seat Right Hand Thread Chrome 4 Locks w/Key #68020
Gorilla® 14mm x 1.5 Wheel Lug Bolt Locks Ball/Radius Seat Right Hand Thread Chrome 4 Locks w/Key #68020Image may differ from actual product

Specifications:
Brand: Gorilla
Color: Chrome
Configuration: Right Hand Thread
Drive: Keyed
End Type: Closed (Male) w/Sleeve
Finish: Plated (High luster)
Head: External Splines
Length: 2.20" (2-13/64", 55.88mm)
Material: Hardened Steel
Pattern: Splined (Irregular)
Quantity: 4 Locks w/Key
Seat: Ball/Radius
Thread Length: 1.25" (1-1/4")(31.75mm)
Thread Size: 14mm x 1.5
Type: Free Spinning Sleeve
Key: Included (registered to this set)
Key Drive: 17mm Hex Head
Part Number: 68020
GTIN: 12619500987
Note: Set includes a Wheel Lock Key (required for installation/removal) registered specifically to this wheel lock set
Old 04-05-2017, 07:17 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 271 Posts

Why not call or e-mail Gorilla for confirmation? Observation: By the time the perps quit hammering on your wheels, you won't want to keep them. As for me, I'd move.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^
Old 04-07-2017, 03:04 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

And where would one keep these wheel locks? In the glove box?
With the spare wheel and tool kit?
Those evil perps are going to smash your windows to get the key to unlock your wheel?
But really? They are going to take your whole CAR.
Wheel locks just inconvenience the owner.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
And where would one keep these wheel locks? In the glove box?
With the spare wheel and tool kit?
Those evil perps are going to smash your windows to get the key to unlock your wheel?
But really? They are going to take your whole CAR.
Wheel locks just inconvenience the owner.
do your door locks at your home inconvenience you? I can't help but sound cynical, how about locks for stores, banks, the white house?

Those evil perps are "going to get it anyway"
Wheel locks inconvenience the perp to move on to the next easiest car to get the same thing.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:04 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 271 Posts

Alternate consideration: If the perps know their stuff, they're going to hit on merchandise they can flip. Although good-looking, Macan wheels will not have widespread appeal because they only fit Macans. As much as I hate to admit it, BIG Smoke is right...They're going to take the whole car and, within 24 hours, it will be in a container and on a ship headed to the Far East. LoJack or a similar hidden GPS tracker is your best bet.
Speaking of wheel locks, here's a tip regarding the proprietary Porsche Wheel Locks and "key": If you will closely look at your 'key" that's stowed in the trunk, you'll find a two digit number inside the cavity like "54" or "61". If you remove one of the wheel locks (the wheel bolt with the splines), take a look at the end of the threaded shaft. There's a number on the bottom that corresponds to the number you found on the "key". Record that number in your owner's manual in case you lose the "key". Your dealer should have a master set of all those different "keys" for emergencies.

Last edited by NC TRACKRAT; 04-16-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheel Locks