Who is the macan for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 11:00 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Who is the macan for?

Hi everyone.
Im considering getting a macan, the cayenne isnice but dated and within a year the new cayenne will arrive.
Now to the q:
How much room is there in the macan? I have a wife and a 2yearold.
Is it possible to have a rear-facing car seat or is tye macan too small of a car?
Very thankful for answers!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:04 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Take wife, 2 y.o., and car seat to dealership for a test fit. You'll be fine.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Take wife, 2 y.o., and car seat to dealership for a test fit. You'll be fine.
+1. I've found our Macan perfectly sized for just about everything. The only rare times I've needed something bigger, a Cayenne would not work, and I would have needed something like a Suburban. There's no way I would drive that all the time for the 1% of time I need that amount of extra space.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:00 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try it first. My wife traded a 550 M sport for a 2017 Macan GTS and couldn't be happier. Our kids are past car seats though. Similar room inside.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:21 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

It fills the bill well for my wife and our granddaughter. I really enjoy driving it too.
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2017, 10:35 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Just be mindful of what car seat you have. My wife and I both had Cayennes, and two different car seats for the kids. One car seat was fine in her car because the driver seat was not set as far back (backward facing seat in the middle). That seat would not work in mine as the driver seat was further back and more reclined.

So, as LexVan said, take your seat to the dealer, make sure it fits and the front seats will go to a position you want.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:20 AM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

For us and a 4 year old it was a bit too small. The wife insists on putting car seat in the center and the Macan is just not wide enough to make this position work with the size of car seat. It makes the entire rear seat not functional but with a side seating position I think it would be fine for 3 people and a child assuming that 3rd person is not too tall. For us it would be fine as a 2nd car but does not take the place of a larger car for road trips etc
Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep in mind, you can buy a different car seat!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:36 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered a 2015 macan s that my wife promptly took over and loves it. Previously, she drove a panamara and a Cayenne s. She found the pan too big and the pepper too truck like.
The Mac drives like a sports car in comparison. Plenty of room.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:01 PM
G8tor
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Keep in mind, you can buy a different car seat!
+1
Old 01-08-2017, 08:12 PM
primus2211
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have 2 kids at 5 and 7 years old and both are still on car seats. We're using Maxi-Cosi Rodifix AP on Isofix on both sides. For short distances I can even squeeze in a 3rd slim person in the middle sometimes.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just had a base Macan for a loaner car while my GT4 was in for service. We have a 6 year old and had plenty of room.

If you're really tall, you might be pinched with a rear facing seat. Otherwise, with most child seats, I think you'd be more than fine.

And FWIW, I agree with others have said here. The Cayenne drives well. The Macan handles quite a bit more like a car. I'm usually very, very anti-SUV but I actually liked the Macan loaner. I suspect that if we had a GTS or Turbo model, I really would have loved it.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:20 PM
VoodooUomo
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

We have a Macan on order because we're expecting twins. I went back and forth and talked to a lot of people and decided that the Macan will fit everything we need it to. It'll just take a bit of planning.
Now, you'll find no shortage of folks to tell you it's not big enough. But from everything I've seen and heard so far, your "stuff" will expand to fill up any sized car you get. Conversely, you can live with a much smaller car than you think you can.
Or maybe I'm naive. We'll see in a few months
Old 01-12-2017, 05:32 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

think of the macan as a tall compact car... 4 seats with decent room, crowded for five, decent but not generous luggage space, if carry 4 people it won't carry much stuff, and it really can't handle much bulky stuff due to rear shape

classic suv rolling box utility sacrificed for performance and cool factor... all compact SUV's live on the spectrum, this one reasonably far on one end of the curve
Old 03-22-2017, 08:51 PM
pop.tremuloides
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have two dogs and no kiddos.....

EXCELLENT!

If you are taking parents around town....

Still excellent but there may be some bumps on the rear of the front passengers......

If you are transporting a guy/gal in the back over 6'.......

Good but they are in a Porsche so you can bump that up a bit on the rating.

From a family of Audi's, Jeeps, Porsches.....the Macan fits our lifestyle perfectly. Space for two 90lb dogs, gear, luggage.....works fine.

Think of it this way, if you are flying overseas or in the US....your dogs...probably bigger than your kiddos....are relegated to the cargo compartment with the crate you put them in.

Late post on this but our Macan has taken us MANY places with dogs and luggage and it works just fine.

BTW....folks getting into the back for short trips LOVE the vehicle! It is the Go-To vehicle for lunch outings if that makes any sense.

Quick Reply: Who is the macan for?