Macan 2014-Current

Factory Air Recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Air Recalibration

So my friend just got the new Q7 (2017) and has factory air. He was able to get into the suspension module and re-calibrate the settings so when he's parked the car is essentially aired out (no air in the bags) and when he's driving he's got it substantially lower than stock.

I know it's been done on the Macans that come factory equipped with air, does anyone know how to access the menu system on the PIWIS to get to that screen? I don't want to spend $1200 on a lowering module when it essentially does what you would do through the system.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:35 PM
mymac
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Someone figured out (on another Macan forum) how to do it. It's possible to do, just not common information yet. I hope someone will chime in and share some info on this?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:32 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

air = a/c = air conditioning

AS = air suspension
Old 05-12-2017, 11:35 AM
mymac
Pro

I stand corrected
Old 05-12-2017, 02:53 PM
PSEE
Pro

Default AS & PIWIS

One could use the PIWIS system to change the height settings already present in the system to 'fool' it into believing the body is higher than it physically is. The system will lower the vehicle more to compensate.

The effect will be lower ride height settings for normal, low and off-road - similar to the results one may obtain using adjustable links or a lowering module.

PIWIS would accomplish its goal electronically, as would a module approach, while the links do so physically. The greatest flexibility is offered by an electronic lowering module, since its piggy-back interception of the systems signals may be enabled or disabled by a switch. This would allow the owner to use factory programmed ride height settings or module modified ride height settings.

PIWIS would require reprogramming to revert to factory ride height settings (hopefully recorded somewhere before being modified!).
Old 05-12-2017, 07:21 PM
mymac
Pro

PSEE, you sound pretty knowledgeable about this. Seems to me the easiest way lower further than factory specs would be to tweek the system using PIWIS. Would you agree? I read somewhere that a Tech at a dealership was able to lower a Macan past factory setting. I wish I knew how. My local service tech wants to try and figure out how to do this.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:17 PM
PSEE
Pro

Default other forum...

over in the other Macan-specific forum in the technical section for suspension there's a thread '...wow, wow, wow...' that, I believe contains a post or two about using PIWIS to alter the settings.

As I noted above, if the owner ever wants to achieve the factory original and default height of the off-road setting in the future, it would necessitate returning the offset values in the PIWIS to their original values. That would require (yet) another trip to the dealer (or whoever has the PIWIS system).

I'll try to drag&drop the PIWIS screenshot...
Attached Images  

Last edited by PSEE; 05-13-2017 at 06:19 PM. Reason: add jpeg file
Old 05-14-2017, 01:23 PM
mymac
Pro

Now we're getting somewhere. I knew about the "wow" thread, but it didn't have much "how to" info.
PSEE, that screen shot is great info to give to my dealership. Is the standard language German with the PIWIS ? Once I get my GTS lowered to my liking , I can't see any reason to revert back OEM specs. Just saying. Thanks for the help PSEE.

Quick Reply: Factory Air Recalibration