Macan 2014-Current

Driving a Macan S my impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:21 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Driving a Macan S my impressions

For the last three weeks I have been driving a Macan S as a loaner from our local Porsche dealer as my GT 4 has been in the shop ( another story for another time).
While at first I was non committal as it was just transportation, the more miles I put on it ( and I have almost 1000) the more I have come to like the Macan. To put things in prospective my wife and I each have a Diesel Cayenne as our daily drivers and as a tow car for the car trailer. The future of the diesels is yet another story, but not for here.

The Macan is very nimble, the seating height is slightly lower than the Cayenne which my 5'2" wife likes. The "S" has planty of "get up and go" is very quiet on the highway and generally a enjoyable car to drive. It is lighter than the Cayenne and that attributes to its nimble feeling. There are three things that lean us to the Cayenne ( not including the great gas mileage of the diesel and its towing torque). First, the Cayenne has slightly more leg and head room in the rear seating than the Macan. It also has more luggage room and more vertical luggage room as the slope of the Macan rear window restricts loading anything with any height. Lastly, the limited towing of the Macan would mean we would need something else to tow with.

All that said, should PORSCHE end up having to buy back our diesel Cayennes I think a Macan would be the choice for my wife as it more than fills all her requirements and wants.

I mentioned gas mileage and while it in no way matches the diesel it is very respectable giving around 20 in town and up to 28 on the road. Texas highway speed limits are 70-85 depending on where you are so that is very rescuable mileage for a 4000 lb SUV with a large frontal area. Would have to say that once again PORSCHE got it right
Old 08-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Mpoweroo1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife inherited my Macan S after I got my 991. She was against giving up her Cayenne but after driving the Macan, she tells me she won't look back. As a matter of fact, in April, she wants to put in an order for a GTS with the exact color combo she wants. Fun little cars!
Old 08-22-2016, 07:18 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpoweroo1
My wife inherited my Macan S after I got my 991. She was against giving up her Cayenne but after driving the Macan, she tells me she won't look back. As a matter of fact, in April, she wants to put in an order for a GTS with the exact color combo she wants. Fun little cars!
Interesting, my wife is the opposite she really likes her diesel Cayenne. Of course it is also our tow vehicle for the car trailer
Old 08-22-2016, 07:33 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Week 1 of our Macan S ownership, I certainly agree Porsche got it very right.

Quick Reply: Driving a Macan S my impressions