Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Cobb tune for S/GTS/Turbo available...

Old 08-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,421 Likes on 2,236 Posts
Default Cobb tune for S/GTS/Turbo available...

http://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-ma...=Porsche080916

I have the Cobb tune on my 991 GTS and love it - I'd be all over this if I had a Macan!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:05 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts

Ha! Looks like we were posting at about the same time. Thanks for the kind words!

Marshall@COBB

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 10-05-2016, 10:55 AM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Ha! Looks like we were posting at about the same time. Thanks for the kind words!

Marshall@COBB
Are the tunes visible to the dealer? Or is there an option to "hide" it if taking your vehicle in for service?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:11 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

When the Accessport is properly uninstalled using the Uninstall option from the main menu, the ECU is reverted exactly back to stock. In our experience, the dealership is not able to tell if the ECU has been flashed. However, with that said, the AP is not designed to go around any kind of warranty coverage and there may be diagnostics at a much higher level we are unaware of. At the end of the day, it really comes down to how your local dealer handles modifications to the car: some don't mind a few mods and others don't like any.

Kyle@COBB
Old 10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Beer Brewer
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

So, with a peak gain of 17.50% HP on 93 octane fuel, I am assuming that peak HP with the Cobb tune on the Macan Turbo is 470 crank HP or thereabouts? And crank torque must be well over 500? Any concerns about the PDK transmission, or is it plenty capable?

I loved the Cobb tune on my old BMW 335i - it really turned that car into a beast.

Thanks!

Pete

Last edited by Beer Brewer; 10-12-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:11 PM
superfast02911
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 53 Posts

Just installed the 91 oct map last night on my 2015 S. Loving it so far-really wakes up the car and makes the turbos act like they should.

Question for Marshall: if I want to install Sport Plus software, or the Sport Exhaust w/ console switch, both of those options require a software update from the dealer. Should I uninstall before doing so? And if so, when I flash again, will the AP/map see that I have those new options installed?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 PM
sho-one
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any Macan 2.0 Tunes in the future?
Old 11-23-2016, 10:32 PM
mxp
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

best mod ever done to my S!!!!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:20 PM
BlackCS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still curious as to how a comparably small tuning company, can safely produce much better results than Porsche engineers, and as good as their reputation may be, how many of them go through extensive stress testing until total failure to understand the mechanical limitations.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:17 PM
hierlevelz
Cruisin'

Marshall

I've noticed from the dyno plots that all the canned maps produce a massive torque spike at lower RPMS. How's is this good for the longevity of the motor and or the PDK. A linear toque profile would be ideal in my eyes not this massive amount of torque to give me the "feeling" of being fast off the line. Granted the stock dyno follows a similar profile but I would have hoped that the tune would have smoothed it out a bit.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hierlevelz
Marshall

I've noticed from the dyno plots that all the canned maps produce a massive torque spike at lower RPMS. How's is this good for the longevity of the motor and or the PDK. A linear toque profile would be ideal in my eyes not this massive amount of torque to give me the "feeling" of being fast off the line. Granted the stock dyno follows a similar profile but I would have hoped that the tune would have smoothed it out a bit.
It is definitely more than just a "feeling" of being faster off the line, the cars are significantly faster when tuned.

We are able to achieve the increased torque through higher boost pressure and slightly more aggressive timing. We have taken our Macan S and Macan Turbo to both the road course and 1/4 mile drag strip to put them through their paces. Neither cars have skipped a beat even when pushing both on OTS maps and significantly more aggressive custom tunes.

Marshall@COBB
Old 12-02-2016, 02:24 PM
hierlevelz
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
It is definitely more than just a "feeling" of being faster off the line, the cars are significantly faster when tuned.

We are able to achieve the increased torque through higher boost pressure and slightly more aggressive timing. We have taken our Macan S and Macan Turbo to both the road course and 1/4 mile drag strip to put them through their paces. Neither cars have skipped a beat even when pushing both on OTS maps and significantly more aggressive custom tunes.

Marshall@COBB

I have no doubt the cars are faster with the additional TQ but I do feel that it should be tuned where it is more linear across the entire rev range because the torque drops off in the higher rpms. I am not a tuner by any means; is that a limitation in the hardware? (turbo)
Old 12-02-2016, 02:26 PM
hierlevelz
Cruisin'

Do you have any dynos of the custom tunes?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:08 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I have a Macan Turbo and am very interested. I did this for awhile on my BMWs but I'm personally convinced that it does shorten the life of the turbos, I had one car that went on to 100K miles without a problem that never had a tune vs another of mine and other cars I know of with tunes lasted till 50-75K miles..

What do you guys think the impact of the tune is on the turbos? It may be a worthwhile risk reward thing but I just wonder how a tuner looks at that..

Are you coming out with one of the 991.2 911?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2016, 12:02 AM
sho-one
Advanced

no love for the 2.0L ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cobb tune for S/GTS/Turbo available...