Macan 2014-Current

New to us 2017 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 04:48 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New to us 2017 GTS

After following some of the recent Macan GTS postings, wife and I hit the dealership just as they got two in. We grabbed the Carrara white one and love it!

Sadly, decided to give up the Cayenne GTS we had (loved that SUV) but with our first baby on the way, decided it was time to upgrade. Wife couldn't be more excited.

A few quick comparisons to our 09 Cayenne GTS:

- Macan has more room inside and in cargo area than I expected. Not Cayenne large but large enough for us.

- I will always miss that V8. We had ~38K on the Cayenne and that motor was intoxicating. Never seemed to work hard, always seemed to have power to spare, and good linear torque through the entire band.

- Macan motor is torquey and I love it. Makes me feel like I'm driving a lifted Boxster. While it's not the 8, I don't find myself noticing a drop-off. Tend to drive the Macan like a sports car.

- New interior and electronics are very good. This might be the best rev of their electronic components. Really happy with the fit and finish.

- Macan doesn't have the same "weighted" feel as the Cayenne but it still feels solid. The doors shut with some weight, the interior fit and finish is well done. Feels like Porsche ironed out some past gremlins with this one.

Interior shots coming!

2017 Macan GTS
Old 07-18-2016, 05:52 PM
h_gt3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Beautiful car. I like the wheels

Quick Reply: New to us 2017 GTS