Macan 2014-Current

Going to be joining the Macan family soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going to be joining the Macan family soon

This Friday to be exact (6/10). Sold my family wagon (allroad) and had the 997.2 left and it's not a practical car to have (what 911 is? LOL) to do family duties with kids. Anyway, I didnt want to stray from the Porsche family and didnt like the over size of the Cayenne and felt the Macan is a good compromise between performance (as much as you can from a CUV) and utility.

Mine will be a 2017 Macan GTS in the Carmine Red so excited to start on something new.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:13 PM
shaf
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Just transitioned from a 911 to a Sapphire blue GTS for similar reasons. So far very happy with no regrets. Still breaking it in but plenty of performance with great handling. I think the air suspension makes a huge difference. Enjoy and good luck.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:35 AM
Daohaus
Instructor

Originally Posted by shaf
Just transitioned from a 911 to a Sapphire blue GTS for similar reasons. So far very happy with no regrets. Still breaking it in but plenty of performance with great handling. I think the air suspension makes a huge difference. Enjoy and good luck.
I think it'll be a good compromise for me to do family duty and still get my driving urges satiated. I'm glad to hear you have no regrets!
Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Phaedrus78
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, the Macan surprises a lot of non-Porsche people with it's performance!
Old 06-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Propofoln
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Daohaus
This Friday to be exact (6/10). Sold my family wagon (allroad) and had the 997.2 left and it's not a practical car to have (what 911 is? LOL) to do family duties with kids. Anyway, I didnt want to stray from the Porsche family and didnt like the over size of the Cayenne and felt the Macan is a good compromise between performance (as much as you can from a CUV) and utility.

Mine will be a 2017 Macan GTS in the Carmine Red so excited to start on something new.
Congrats! Did u order it or buy one off the lot? What color interior?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Originally Posted by Propofoln
Congrats! Did u order it or buy one off the lot? What color interior?
They actually had what I wanted on the lot! Initially we were dead set on white again and the carmine red really caught my eye and thought I haven't had a red car in a while. Beats waiting till the end of this month for a white one to come and not have the factory rails that I wanted.

Interior is black w/ alcantara inserts.

Quick Reply: Going to be joining the Macan family soon