Macan 2014-Current

Quality body shops in the SF Bay Area East Bay

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
AllynEsprit
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality body shops in the SF Bay Area East Bay

Looking to replace the standard black plastic rear bumper valance on my 2016 Macan S with a paintable rear bumper valance.

1. Know of any Porsche-quality body shops in the Tri-Valley or East Bay areas?
2. How easy is the removal of existing valance and the installation of new valance?

Any information would be appreciated. I made a big mistake of not ordering the painted exterior color rear bumper valance.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:19 PM
Drew138
Track Day

I used the guys at "S Car Go" in Mill Valley to do a few things. Including the removal and replacement of the rear valance for painting. But to be honest, they just took it to a shop down the road in Mill Valley. I could have probably taken it there myself and saved a few bucks. Pretty sure they took it to Miracle Auto Paint and they did a great job. Painting the valance pretty straightforward. FWIW, they sanded down my OEM unpainted and it looks fine.

I'll add that I thought I added the painted rear valance and was confused when ordering it. Soooo glad I got it painted. Looks much much better.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:28 PM
AllynEsprit
Track Day

Originally Posted by Drew138
I used the guys at "S Car Go" in Mill Valley to do a few things. Including the removal and replacement of the rear valance for painting. But to be honest, they just took it to a shop down the road in Mill Valley. I could have probably taken it there myself and saved a few bucks. Pretty sure they took it to Miracle Auto Paint and they did a great job. Painting the valance pretty straightforward. FWIW, they sanded down my OEM unpainted and it looks fine.
Thanks, Drew138. I briefly looked under the car and there are quite a bit of nuts and bolts. But I will take the Miracle Auto Paint into consideration.

Would look better with a white bumper valance
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Quality body shops in the SF Bay Area East Bay