Notices
Macan 2014-Current

"Stop Sale" on Macans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:46 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I just received the letter in the mail about this recall, but they said parts were still being manufactured (?). I have an appointment on Thursday for my 10,000 mile service so I'm hoping they can address the fuel line issue at that time...
Old 03-01-2016, 11:17 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default done, with a warning

I did the fuel line and valve. No problems...

BUT

be wary of gorillas putting back your cosmetic engine cover. Apparently it was put on with too much force, and I didn't realize they broke one of the corners where the engine studs fit into the grommet on the front driver's side corner. I couldn't figure out where the rattle at idle was coming from, turns out that the corner of the cover was loose by the tech putting it back on after the service campaign. (he chastised me about the use of the term 'recall', 'recall' involves the Feds, 'campaign' is by the manufacturer). It was comical watching the two techs arguing over who put it back on and therefore broke it. So I got the new engine cover put on carefully, I'm waiting the requisite 30 days, if Porsche doesn't want the broken one back, I have another piece of garage wall art.

Don't EVEN get me started on stupid cosmetic engine covers, but at least the rattle is gone.

Quick Reply: "Stop Sale" on Macans?