Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Our Carrara White 2016 is here.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 PM
Porsches
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Our Carrara White 2016 is here.

Pictures in my LINK below. After getting loads of help from friends in another forum as well as comparing the 2015 White versus previous Porsche cars with Carrara White - we decided on Carrara White just before the order locked. It was a hunch. Well, it arrived today. When we went there two days ago to pick it up, in the showroom was a 2015 White Turbo Macan - and damn it looked good. Very very White.

But then, we were introduced to the Carrara White and it took me a bit. It is hard to see the first plain white and then the Carrara White - as the Carrara White has a slight blue-ish grey-ish tone to it. But, that incandescence makes it softer and yet brighter, depending on the light. It has a depth the White does not have. I still love the White - but I am glad we picked this new 2016 Colour.

Here it is. Carrara White with the 18-way Garnett Red/Black Seating. I'm in Canada, and the other White in the images is my daughters White Escape.

Enjoy http://bit.ly/1RViNdm
Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats. Nice car.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:53 PM
916Bob
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice...
Old 07-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, congrats
Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Porsches
Racer

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out a few things...like why does the overhead horseshoe light stay on at night some times, and why doesn't the hatch close (meaning it stops closing) when we press the close hatch button in the rear hatch door.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:36 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by macan2016
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out a few things...like why does the overhead horseshoe light stay on at night some times, and why doesn't the hatch close (meaning it stops closing) when we press the close hatch button in the rear hatch door.
I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like you may have a bad microswitch somewhere and the car thinks a door is open. If a door is open or the sunroof (if you have it) isn't closed, then pressing the lock button on the hatch will only move it a tiny bit and it will stop. The close button will shut the hatch, though.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Rubik
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the car key is not on you (away from you and vehicle; or the key is inside the vehicle) pressing the close latch and lock button will only move the hatch down a bit and then stop. It's telling you "I can't lock it; there is no key/key is inside the car." If you just press the close button, it will close though.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Porsches
Racer

Rubik,
Thank you for this "It's telling you "I can't lock it; there is no key/key is inside the car."

I've gathered further issues on the Macan and will be sending this link off to me dealer with these service notes & questions. The thing is, with what you say above is very odd/bad. If my wife has key in her purse and she gets out of car before the passenger and starts to walk away into the store, and I go into the hatch, and then want to lock it, I can't! She would need to come back. So if anyone wants to lock car, (as owner is not there), you can't lock it. Seems weird.

Anyhow, here is my Itemtopia list of things (and fun) with the Macan.
http://bit.ly/1RViNdm
Old 08-25-2015, 02:01 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

I think the reasoning behind not being able to lock the car if the key is not present is this: If the owner wanted the car locked, then he would have locked it. Presumably there is a reason, perhaps a very important one, he chose not to do this. Maybe someone is waiting in the car? If you can lock the car that way, then they're likely to set off the alarm. And they can't get out of the car because of the deadbolt security feature will engage because the key is not inside the car.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Porsches
Racer

Default Locking Issue

Chris,
Here is a scenario (played over and over).

It's raining. Wife (who keeps key in her purse) jumps out of car to rush to the "Sale" Sign in the store window, (just kidding - but it's possible) and yells back "Grab the dog out of the car" as she's headed into the store. I pop the hatch to stay out of the rain while hooking up the dog, and can't press the SHUT & LOCK Door button! This scenario gets played over and over. The solution is not for me to carry my own key. It's her car, but whenever I am with her, I drive it. And, the key is in her purse all the time.

It's rather odd that I can't be smart enough to know the key is gone, but I want the hatch closed and locked.

No?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:27 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Chris,
Here is a scenario (played over and over).

It's raining. Wife (who keeps key in her purse) jumps out of car to rush to the "Sale" Sign in the store window, (just kidding - but it's possible) and yells back "Grab the dog out of the car" as she's headed into the store. I pop the hatch to stay out of the rain while hooking up the dog, and can't press the SHUT & LOCK Door button! This scenario gets played over and over. The solution is not for me to carry my own key. It's her car, but whenever I am with her, I drive it. And, the key is in her purse all the time.

It's rather odd that I can't be smart enough to know the key is gone, but I want the hatch closed and locked.

No?
How can the car tell the difference between the key is gone and the battery in the key is dead? Or there's a malfunction in the keyless entry system? Or there's just too much RF interference in the area?

The engineers had to make a lot of compromises, I think they chose the safest route when they decided that if they couldn't be sure where the key was then just keep the doors unlocked. Better the car sit unlocked for a short time than potentially lock somebody inside the car.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Porsches
Racer

The first thing to do - considering it a lock button - is not assume the person pressing it is at 30,000 feet, or outside of the car going 85MPH. Because then, they would calculate the odds of that (zero %) and they would rightly realize that maybe ---- just maybe --- some lady is in the mall with her key in her purse and some wet person wants to lock the doors. No?

On the other hand, what burglar wants to lock the f'n door?
Old 08-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Porsches
Racer

"Lock someone inside the car". True. And I understand this. Which is why Ford also has a hidden key pad on the door B pillar.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:32 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, the car can't tell the difference between an intelligent person who really means to hit the lock button and the fool with too much money who never pays attention to anything but her cell phone and and has her lawyer's number on speed dial. Somebody's gotta make a compromise somewhere.

I just chalk things like this up to quirks that any new car has and you learn to live with. Deal-breaker quirks I tend to find on the test drive and I don't buy those models.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Porsches
Racer

Default Agreed

Agreed. :-) Note to self. You can't lock door with key inside car. Good. And you can't lock door with door lock hatch button with key away from car, Bad, so driver needs to give you key or stick around while you take goods out of hatch, and then press button for you, because unless key is close, it won't work. Really bad.

And most importantly...if you are given key to lock hatch while owner runs into friends house, don't forget to give it back to owner before jumping in another friends car to go golfing for 8 hours because you'll have one pissed off keyless entry Macan Porsche owner who has left 25 VM messages and texts on your phone. Lol.
PS: I added this issue to my cars Itemtopia profile. http://bit.ly/1MJ95E2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Our Carrara White 2016 is here.