Macan 2014-Current

Macan oil change question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Macan oil change question

I'm a long way from needing a oil change on the Macan but was noticing on the Suncoast Parts web site that the Macan oil filter kit included a new drain plug and crush washer in addition to the filter and O-rings. Is the Macan drain plug a stretch bolt needing to be replaced each time?

Just curious.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 11-26-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Pix of the new ride Bill!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:42 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt that. Many kits come with the plug as they round out eventually. No manufacturer uses a stretch bolt that is a single use.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cactus
Pix of the new ride Bill!
Hope to get more pics this w/e, here's one from the floor at Brumos Porsche.

I've driven it a little over 1000 miles (I was passing a bunch of cars on a 2 lane road today when it turned over 1000 mi., indicated speed 102 mph!). Damn I love this car!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2014, 12:29 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fantastic!

With the blacked out window trim, the side blades look good in black.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by RESP
Looks fantastic! With the blacked out window trim, the side blades look good in black.
only wish I had gotten the rear fascia painted in the SB color and I had sprung for the RS wheels but overall I'm very pleased.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Looks good. Is the suspension fixed or air? And what's up with the rear brake caliper? It doesn't look like a typical caliper.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

^a special VW/Audi......not monoblock caliper but floating...yep...on a Porsche...same on the Turbo.........

Nice color!
Porsche needs to produce clear side markers. I know you can buy them painted but need clear!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Cactus
Looks good. Is the suspension fixed or air? And what's up with the rear brake caliper? It doesn't look like a typical caliper.
Cactus, sorry for the delay, yes, it has Air Suspension (I think it's in "normal" height in this pic). I haven't done any aggressive braking yet but so far they seem fine. I did bed (bead ?) in the brakes on the first drive home.
Originally Posted by AMGsound
^a special VW/Audi......not monoblock caliper but floating...yep...on a Porsche...same on the Turbo.........

Nice color!
Porsche needs to produce clear side markers. I know you can buy them painted but need clear!
Yes, this thing is screaming for clear side markers!

I'll post a "look what I got" thread in the next couple of days.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:32 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

^ ithe more i think about it, the more they need to figure out something about these stupid orange lights. ITS HORRIBLE. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the Macan, but come on, they've worked so hard to do such an amazing job with the front end and the "clam" hood and then paf, orange lights.....aaaarrrrhhhhhh.
Everything else to me is simply perfect.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:10 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, lets try to take this back to the original thread. Has anyone changed oil? Is there a DIY? Is the filter on top of the engine or bottom? On my Audi S4 I was able to syphon oil out and change the filter without raising the car.

What Oil do we use? Still Mobil 1, or has Porsche switched to Castrol like Audi did? Apparently Castrol was able to formulate something that helps with carbon build up on the DFI engines.

Tomasz
Old 12-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Beautiful color! That is my favorite for Macan. I'm getting bored with all the silvers and blacks. I sure do miss reds and blues!!

Man a floating rear caliper even on a turbo? Porsche's cheapness knows no bounds! I'm surprised they are putting that caliper on a Turbo.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1MORLAP
Hey, lets try to take this back to the original thread. Has anyone changed oil? Is there a DIY? Is the filter on top of the engine or bottom? On my Audi S4 I was able to syphon oil out and change the filter without raising the car.

What Oil do we use? Still Mobil 1, or has Porsche switched to Castrol like Audi did? Apparently Castrol was able to formulate something that helps with carbon build up on the DFI engines.

Tomasz
Someone posted a bunch of pics of the underside of their Macan Turbo on MacanForum.com, I'm quite sure I saw the filter canister on the bottom of the engine. Don't know if Porsche intends the oil to be siphoned instead of drained but I don't have a siphon tool (yet) so I'll plan on draining for now.

Mobil 1 is still the oil sticker in the engine bay and the fill the factory uses but you can use any oil on the "Porsche Approved Oil List", the last I looked there were about 25 oils sold in the No. American market on that list, pick one.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyone change the oil yet in the Macan? Was wondering if it's one or two drain plugs and what the torque values are? Thx
Old 01-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Kelsey
Anyone change the oil yet in the Macan? Was wondering if it's one or two drain plugs and what the torque values are? Thx
I think you'll have better luck getting the answers to this on MacanForum.com. I haven't changed my oil yet so I don't know, I did finally get around to installing the MaxJax lift anchors in the new garage but my first tasks will be long overdue maint and upgrades on the 993.

Quick Reply: Macan oil change question