Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Please advice on Macan S build, need to combine comfort for Her and Fun for me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:28 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please advice on Macan S build, need to combine comfort for Her and Fun for me.

It will be daily drive for my wife but once I'll be behind the wheel during weekend or on a way to Vermont for our ski trip it should be some fun.

​~~~~~~~~~~ Comfort and "Pretty" for Her ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exterior Color White $0
Interior Leather Package in Black/Garnet Red $1,740
Power Seats (8-way) with Memory​ ​Package​ ​$0
Seat Heating (Front) $525
Infotainment Package $2,990
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera​ ​$1,460
Automatically Dimming Mirrors $420
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
Interior Steering Wheel Heating $250
Sunblind for Rear Side Windows $250
Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front)​ ​$285
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche​ ​Crest​​ ​$185

​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sporty Looking Weekend Fun for Me ~~~~~~~~~​
Wheels CY3 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels $1,650
Summer Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels $0
Sport Exhaust System including Sport Tailpipes​ ​$2,930
PASM $1,360
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM $1,290
Smoking Package $0
Deletion of Model Designation $0
Rear Fascia Painted $535
Side Blades in Exterior Color $670
Window Trim in Matte Black $0

​~~~~~~~~~~~ Ski Vacation in Alps ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Roof Rails in Black incl. Roof Transport System​ ​$630
European Delivery (Zuffenhausen) $0
​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destination Charge​ ​Amount $995
Vehicle price $68,065
Old 10-12-2014, 07:19 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Why not Premium Package instead of all those a'la carte that come within it?

If it was me I'd skip infotainment and get Air Suspension instead as it'll give you a great dual personality for each of you to enjoy: Added comfort for her and added sport for you with the improved handling and lowered look. But of course it depends on where priorities lie.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:40 PM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I would consider PTV for spirited driving.

I think it makes a big difference!!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:32 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by K-A
Why not Premium Package instead of all those a'la carte that come within it?

If it was me I'd skip infotainment and get Air Suspension instead as it'll give you a great dual personality for each of you to enjoy: Added comfort for her and added sport for you with the improved handling and lowered look. But of course it depends on where priorities lie.

a'la carte allows to have 2 tone (with red insirts) interior which looks very cool - we both like it a lot. Beside that all of "a'la carte" gives us exactly what we want for around 3K vs 6K for Premium Plus. We don't care about pano, vented seats or PDLS I think 8 - ways seats comfortable enough. BTW drove Turbo with 18-way and felt like I was sitting on the couch :-)

Infotainment (Nav) - must have !!! I was seriously considerting Air Suspension ($2745) but decided that Chrono and PASM ($2650 for both) with add sportiness I and trying to achieve and PASM in "Comfort" mode will give her nice ride over bad roads.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:36 PM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by P-Car777
I would consider PTV for spirited driving.

I think it makes a big difference!!

Not sure if PVT will be that noticeable on SUV for Boxter and Cayman it would be MUST have option for sure.

The only way is to find out is to drive car with and without which is impossible due to current inventory.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would drop Sport Chrono and pick up AS.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:27 PM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Once you have had PDLS, you will never go back. My 'off the lot' 2013 Cayenne D had it and I supposed it was superfluous. Now that I have had it, it's amazing for safety and confidence when dark. I made it a priority on my Macan S build. Also, don't forget Comfort Lighting - I did (by oversight) and regret it.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:38 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCN
It will be daily drive for my wife but once I'll be behind the wheel during weekend or on a way to Vermont for our ski trip it should be some fun. ​~~~~~~~~~~ Comfort and "Pretty" for Her ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Exterior Color White $0 Interior Leather Package in Black/Garnet Red $1,740 Power Seats (8-way) with Memory​ ​Package​ ​$0 Seat Heating (Front) $525 Infotainment Package $2,990 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera​ ​$1,460 Automatically Dimming Mirrors $420 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0 Interior Steering Wheel Heating $250 Sunblind for Rear Side Windows $250 Porsche Crest on Headrests (Front)​ ​$285 Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche​ ​Crest​​ ​$185 ​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sporty Looking Weekend Fun for Me ~~~~~~~~~​ Wheels CY3 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels $1,650 Summer Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels $0 Sport Exhaust System including Sport Tailpipes​ ​$2,930 PASM $1,360 Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM $1,290 Smoking Package $0 Deletion of Model Designation $0 Rear Fascia Painted $535 Side Blades in Exterior Color $670 Window Trim in Matte Black $0 ​~~~~~~~~~~~ Ski Vacation in Alps ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​ Roof Rails in Black incl. Roof Transport System​ ​$630 European Delivery (Zuffenhausen) $0 ​~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destination Charge​ ​Amount $995 Vehicle price $68,065
My suggestion would be to add the matte black window trim, and the PTV. The black window trim makes the white "pop" and the PTV makes the car much, much more agile in all types of driving.

You will love your Macan!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:34 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Would drop Sport Chrono and pick up AS.
Not sure why you guys so strongly suggesting AS. I test drove Macan S and it was for me very obviuse that Chrono creates sportier feel right away by effecting throttle, gear shifting, suspension (PSM) and traction (PTM)

Since I am not planing to take car OFF-ROAD the only setting from AS which can be interested is "Low Level (-10 mm) " which should add some stability around the corners but in that case I think PTV will be even more effective.

I should start new post to make for all newcomers clear which performance feature most valuable.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:39 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jcontardi
Once you have had PDLS, you will never go back. My 'off the lot' 2013 Cayenne D had it and I supposed it was superfluous. Now that I have had it, it's amazing for safety and confidence when dark. I made it a priority on my Macan S build. Also, don't forget Comfort Lighting - I did (by oversight) and regret it.
It had to imagine what that PDLS does unless try it but since most of our driving will be near New York City area all streets and highway has platy of lights. Will skip that option.

Comfort Lighting - added , thanks a lot for suggestion
Old 10-13-2014, 02:44 AM
MCN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lawjdc
My suggestion would be to add the matte black window trim, and the PTV. The black window trim makes the white "pop" and the PTV makes the car much, much more agile in all types of driving.

You will love your Macan!
Window Trim in Matte Black $0 was on my build.

PTV… Hmm… what should I remove to squeeze that option… let me think

Really need to start new post about most valuable performance options.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:39 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by MCN
a'la carte allows to have 2 tone (with red insirts) interior which looks very cool - we both like it a lot. Beside that all of "a'la carte" gives us exactly what we want for around 3K vs 6K for Premium Plus. We don't care about pano, vented seats or PDLS I think 8 - ways seats comfortable enough. BTW drove Turbo with 18-way and felt like I was sitting on the couch :-)

Infotainment (Nav) - must have !!! I was seriously considerting Air Suspension ($2745) but decided that Chrono and PASM ($2650 for both) with add sportiness I and trying to achieve and PASM in "Comfort" mode will give her nice ride over bad roads.
Lol. You mean the "couch" comment in a bad or good way? I too found the 8 ways exceptionally comfortable for me, and I LOVE the alcantara inserts. Usually they'd be priced at a premium, but I really did want them.

IMO Nav is the biggest ripoff on the car. And I honestly think AS is a must. It makes the ride so refined that you'd think it's easily a $100+K car. It also makes the handling even better and offers necessary balance through turns (prevents roll through turns) and is adjustable, improves the exterior look drastically by closing that massive wheel gap the steel suspension has, etc. Also, Porsche claims it gets over 5% better MPG due to lower center of gravity. It'll also help against rollover potential, which I'm sure shouldn't be much of an issue with the car in general. To me, it's more valuable than SC or PTV+, but I really value the aesthetics of a lowered ride, so that's a big determining factor.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:22 PM
1MORLAP
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AS is 15mm lower than standard and can go additional 10mm. It is quite expensive though.

Summer tires are illegal in Alps during winter, so consider that.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Grayforge
AutoX

Originally Posted by MCN

AS isn't an extra $2745 for you. Since you already have PASM, it's an additional $1385. In addition to the comfort and 1" lower ride height benefits, even if you don't go off road, the extra ride height can be handy in deep snow.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:28 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MCN
Not sure if PVT will be that noticeable on SUV for Boxter and Cayman it would be MUST have option for sure.

The only way is to find out is to drive car with and without which is impossible due to current inventory.
Actually, I think PTV would be more useful on a (heavier) Macan than on a lighter weight, well-balanced and low COG Boxster or Cayman since it helps reduce understeer, which I think neither of those cars are as susceptible to. To me, the Sport setting is sufficient sportiness for the Macan without having to go to Sport Plus that comes with Sport Chrono. I don't see the need for launch control or shift points at 7k rpm.

Quick Reply: Please advice on Macan S build, need to combine comfort for Her and Fun for me.