Macan 2014-Current

Order placed, some Exclusive information

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 07:24 AM
sgrade1979
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order placed, some Exclusive information

Recently placed an order for a U.S. spec Macan S with a build date scheduled for the first week of December.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFCPFT62

I also met with a Porsche Exclusive consultant at Zuffenhausen yesterday. He indicated the vast majority of Exclusive options listed in the German configuration site will be ready for the U.S. market before my build date. Pricing should be out in September / October. We have attempted to add the following options and are waiting for confirmation on availability and pricing:

2D1 SportDesign Paket (Sport design package, very good looking in person)
6FB SportDesign Außenspiegel (sport design side view mirrors)
8EF Bi - Xenon schwarz (Blacked out headlights)
8SB LED - Rückleuchten dunkel (dark tail lights)
0P9 Sportabgasanlage (sport exhaust)
V95 21 Zoll Sport Classic Rad schwarz (black classic design wheels)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF19TEJ9 is the build with new options - not sure I will actually go with the Sapphire Blue but wanted the option code.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 PM
kkapoor
Instructor

This is very close to the build that I am waiting to spec in Canada.

1. Are you saying that I can go ahead and place my order with my local dealer and then change my spec later?
2. Given your build date of 1st week of December when does the order lock i.e. no changes allowed?
3. Is it worthwhile for me to contact a Porsche Exclusive consultant in Stuttgart directly?
4. Did you order locally in the US?
Old 07-12-2014, 04:07 PM
sgrade1979
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kkapoor
This is very close to the build that I am waiting to spec in Canada.

1. Are you saying that I can go ahead and place my order with my local dealer and then change my spec later?
2. Given your build date of 1st week of December when does the order lock i.e. no changes allowed?
3. Is it worthwhile for me to contact a Porsche Exclusive consultant in Stuttgart directly?
4. Did you order locally in the US?
I can't tell you how your local dealer will handle changing spec's, but the Porsche factory will accept changes to options up to about 4-6 weeks from production. Since there is currently a long waiting list you can place your order and fine tune your options over the coming months. Once a VIN is assigned I don't think it is possible to make any changes. There is probably someone here better suited to answer this question with more exact timelines. Make sure you discuss the process with whatever dealership you order from.

The Porsche Exclusive consultants here in Stuttgart are awesome, but I suspect you can get the same sort of answers from a good dealership in the states or Canada. The important information is that they expect to have quite a few exclusive options added to the US spec Macan by about October.

I ordered locally here in Stuttgart and my dealer helped me arrange an exclusive consultation.

Lastly, if there is a MUST have exclusive option you expect to get you may want to wait since it's hard to tell exactly when or if they will be released.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Another consideration is that you can only order from what your dealer has been allotted. If you want to order an S, you need to wait until the dealer has an allotment.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Another consideration is that you can only order from what your dealer has been allotted. If you want to order an S, you need to wait until the dealer has an allotment.
Yep, this will be the limiting factor if you want to order a car. PCNA hands these out months in advance, but dealers only get to order so many of each model car each year depending on their sales history. Mine was getting 6 more turbos for the rest of the year. The next build was spoken for, so I got the one after that and it just locked a few days ago.

I'm sure there's a way for dealers to trade allocations if you're willing to pay the freight, so to speak but if they're tapped out on the model you want its probably simpler to find a dealer with an open slot.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:28 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Seems if it is an ED, it doesn't count to the dealer allocation though.

Go ED and get what you want, when you want
Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Porsche used to give a 10% discount off MSRP for ED. I was very close to ordering a 1986 Club Sport 944 Turbo, but couldn't get wife to want to make the trip to Germany. You had to show at the factory to sign, and get it shipped to u in the USA. I soon regretted not making that purchase when Porsche discontinued the Club Sport and the ED program. I would order a Macan Turbo today for that ED discount. Maybe I'm too frugal.

Trending Topics

Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Turbo on order but the order is on "hold" until factory/Porsche Canada release the Sport Design items, Sport Exhaust and the new 21" wheel. I'm told by Porsche Centre Vancouver that this could be in next 2-3 weeks. At that time my production slot will open up at the beginning of production of the cars with these options. However, my order has been in, with a deposit since May 13 last.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I am doing ED, but in order to get the timeframe I wanted (earliest in October that they could give me), they had to freeze the order. I could change spec now if I wanted to, but it would delay delivery and I have a bunch of stuff set with reservations and activities (Stuttgart VfB Bundesliga home game, DTM finale at Hockenheim, birthday (mine) celebration with friends in Aachen, etc etc). I thought about making a few minor additions (because this order is pretty close to a stripper model) but I'm going to be just fine, I spent a couple weeks going over and over and over the options I chose and kept arriving at the same list (to keep cost to a minimum and just get what I felt I needed to have).

The dealer's allocation was for a Macan (not specific to an S or Turbo) and it was an 'October build' so the stars and planets aligned. Last one for 2014 that my dealer had in his system (he showed me the allocation layout by month). So supposedly it DOES count in the dealer's allocations, the only difference to him is that I'm doing ED as opposed to it getting here sooner. I'll have to climb the walls for 8 to 10 weeks AFTER I drop it back off at Zuffenhausen.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:27 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John 996 TT Cab
I have a Turbo on order but the order is on "hold" until factory/Porsche Canada release the Sport Design items, Sport Exhaust and the new 21" wheel. I'm told by Porsche Centre Vancouver that this could be in next 2-3 weeks. At that time my production slot will open up at the beginning of production of the cars with these options. However, my order has been in, with a deposit since May 13 last.
Did the final confirmation of my order with the new options yesterday. I'm told I should know production month within a week and actual production week in about 2 weeks.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

John (996 TT Cab)

You taking the MT as Euro Delivery?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Not taking Euro delivery. My trip to Germany starts next Tuesday and production date is October 24. Had hoped to but delayed the order to get the Sport Exhaust and Sport Design stuff.

Quick Reply: Order placed, some Exclusive information